Tech Training Engineer Intern
Job Description: The Intern will be a training supply chain integrator and will be primarily responsible for driving and implementing improvement to supplier training to enable people capability within FSM factories. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for ownership of a top ten fab equipment supplier and will partner directly with a senior Technical Training Engineer as well as factory customers and stakeholders to identify and implement improved training solutions. Additionally, the candidate will also be responsible for reviewing the fab equipment teams business processes and driving improvements that will lead to efficiencies.
The intern is responsible for achieving results in the following areas:
1. Partner with a senior TTE to lead the efforts with factory customers to create robust training solutions and processes.
2. Collaborate with supplier, factory training, and fab customers to define and improve training classes, processes, and systems.
3. Talk directly to factory workforce to understand their needs from a people capability perspective and gain direct feedback on supplier led classes.
4. Evaluate training survey data, identify solutions to make supplier classes better, and gain alignment from factory stakeholders and customers for implementation.
5. Understand how training plays a critical role in the equipment supplier chain and make improvements that lead to improved supplier and Intel equipment maintenance quality & reliability.
6. Lead change to improve the current business processes both internal to the team and within the VF. This includes the end to end process of forecasting supplier classes through completion of the classes.
7. Analyze the current business and identifying gaps in processes and procedures.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this internship. An MBA is also desired as this internship will require both technical and business acumen. Candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment where priorities change. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience would be obtained through a combination of Bachelor and Masters level school classes, projects, research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experience.
- Must be currently enrolled fulltime in a MBA program with a graduation date no earlier than Dec 2013
- Must have a Bachelor of Science degree in one of the following programs of study: Chemical, Electrical, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or Supply Chain
- Must have the unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship (CPT/OPT is not available).
- Solid analytical, decision making, and problem solving skills.
- Strong drive, initiative, and can do attitude
- Excellent communication skills and some demonstrated ability to influence
- Ability to develop relationships with internal customers/stakeholders and external suppliers
- Understanding of Lean philosophy and ability to utilize concepts
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft suite
- Prior Intel internship or an Intel scholarship recipient
- 12 months utilizing MS applications like Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Visio
- 3 months experience working with external vendors or suppliers
- 3 months experience working in the semiconductor industry
- Some knowledge of Fab manufacturing process and equipment functionality
- Some knowledge of training concepts, Kirkpatrick training evaluations, and human performance technology
Oct 31, 2012
Nov 1, 2013
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to final test and optimization, and lastly packaging. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing group are part of a worldwide network of manufacturing and assembly/test facilities.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel’s discretion. Intel invites people of all ages currently enrolled in an academic institution (or graduated within the last 18 months) to apply.
Intel - 21 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...