D&BTM (NYSE: DNB; company website), headquartered in Short Hills, New Jersey, is the world's leading provider of global business information, tools and insight. Our proprietary DUNSRight™ process provides customers with quality information whenever and wherever they need it. We manage the world's largest and most valuable commercial database with information on more than 100 million companies. We gather information in more than 200 countries in 95 languages, covering 186 monetary currencies and update the information in the database over one million times each day. This quality information is the foundation of our solutions that customers rely on to make critical business decisions. Our solutions help businesses of all sizes reduce credit risk, find profitable customers, and manage vendors efficiently. As an organization, we are intensely focused on our customers' success. Our aspiration is to be the most trusted source of business insight so our customers can Decide with Confidence™.
At D&B we value the diversity of perspectives that result from a variety of life experiences: ethnicities, ages, sexual orientations, genders, and other factors.Ours is a winning culture where we work together as a team with a clear focus on common goals and where team members are able to grow, develop and contribute to their fullest. Since 1841, we've given companies the insight they need to realize their potential... and we can do the same for your career.
The successful Database Administrator applicant will possess the following requirements (required unless noted otherwise):
Experience with Oracle Golden Gate, Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Streams
- Minimum 5 years of Oracle DBA experience with extensive experience on Oracle RAC, ASM
- Experience with Storage Management
- Experience with Oracle SQL tuning
- Experience working in data warehouse installations and knowledge of managing dimensional data
The qualified database administration candidate will be able to apply knowledge in the area of physical database design, performance tuning, backup and recovery procedures in order to resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues, Golden Gate replication, and other distributed data issues. This candidate will have bachelor degree with
1. Technical Resource for Oracle Database product support
2. Responsible for the configuration, installation, and support of oracle database systems, along with monitoring performance health and the associated hardware within the production space.
3. Support project management in the implementation of software/hardware upgrades and system installs in accordance with established IT policies, procedures and Service Level Agreements (SLA).
4. Ensures systems compliance with company requirements through the implementation, auditing, and adherence to policies, procedures and security standards.
5. Strong ability to work positively with team members, vendors and external/internal customers.
1. Deploys production code in a high availability environment.
2. Practice Capacity Management with regards to evaluating systems usage and performance with a goal of being proactive in identify system problems.
3. Install, configure and fine tune production oracle systems and server settings in an effort to achieve optimum levels of performance
4. Ensures server data integrity by evaluating and managing the appropriate software/hardware solutions.
5. Deploy PSU/CPU patches in an effort keep oracle environments up-to-date with the latest releases
6. Manage on-call responsibilities in a 24/7 environment and provide first line of defense to system and application issues
7. Strong ability to work positively with team members, vendors and external/internal customers.
8. Assist in monitoring, identifying, and resolving infrastructure and oracle technical issues in both production and non-production environments.
9. Troubleshoot and resolve critical and minor issues detected via monitoring or during system analysis
10. Respond within define SLA requirements in relation to system issues
11. Complete projects and tasks as assigned
12. Conduct security risk assessments that include, but not limited to, monitoring, investigation and reporting of security and access violations
13. Oracle Database Administration for the OLTP, Data Warehouse multi-terabyte database Using Oracle RAC
14. Tune and Optimize an Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC) setup on multiple Linux nodes
15. Tune the environment to provide best performance and a stable environment
16. Review the space usage and prepare and implement storage management plan
17. Organize or re-organize the table structures in separate tablespaces, for better management of backups, facilitate creating lower (STG, QA, Development) environments, and allow for reduction of backup load by separating relatively static data, staging and temporary data, etc. - This will require learning about the business aspects of the data
18. Monitor data growth and changes to the storage requirements and develop a multi-year growth pattern by subject area
19. Prepare/ Plan storage expansion as necessary in advance to allow time for procurement
20. Configure and maintain secure SQLNet Listener ensure high availability of services
21. Develop detailed understanding of the major facts and dimensions of the data warehouse and frequent queries. Review methods of optimizing these queries by
22. Developing appropriate support structure - indexes, partitions, materialized views
23. Review Batch Queries and suggest methods to optimize them
24. Monitor user queries and suggest changes for users
25. Work closely with the development team to develop/ maintain code, including for query optimization
26. Develop code when necessary in Linux bash, SQL, PL/SQL
27. Installs, maintains, and develops, implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security, availability and integrity of the company database environments.
28. Ensures sound data models supporting application requirements
29. Provides analysis and definitions of technical standards related to database resources
30. Provides analysis and design function for new and existing systems
31. Provides optimization analysis, design and quality audits
32. Implements extraction and purge procedures, database designs, data access and table maintenance codes with oracle and other available to D&B automation tools
33. Experience supporting databases and applications with Oracle
34. Experience in database and application performance tuning and capacity planning
35. Working as an active member of a database administration team in large enterprise IT environments
36. Experience guiding other database administrators, their tasks and schedules, in 7x24 production environments
37. Experience defining and enforcing enterprise database standards and processes
38. Strong knowledge and experience with computer hardware including Servers, Network, SAN technologies, I/O subsystems and virtualization technologies that are related to databases
39. Experience resolving complex database performance issues
40. Must work well independently while simultaneously being a strong team player
41. Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) are necessary to achieve project-oriented goals
As an industry leader, we offer world-class compensation and an exceptional benefits package. As well, you will enjoy an environment that recognizes and rewards your accomplishments.
D&B is an equal opportunity employer.
D&B - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
For The Dun & Bradstreet Corporation, there's no business like "know" business. The company, known as D&B, is one of...