Moodlerooms, Inc. ( www.moodlerooms.com ) is a high quality and fast-growing organization with great capabilities and even greater expectations. Moodlerooms is the winner of the “Hottest Tech” company in Baltimore for 2011. We are looking for creative, energetic individuals with a positive attitude and great work ethic that can excel in a fast-paced environment.
Moodlerooms provides a SaaS hosted solution for Moodle, the world’s fastest growing, open source learning management system, delivering a superior educational & training platform to millions of users worldwide. The software enables Corporate, Governmental, and educational institutions (universities, colleges, K12 schools) to offer their courses online.
Moodlerooms seeks a senior software developer to join its Client Development team. The developer’s primary responsibility will be the development and enhancement of Moodle features in order to satisfy client-driven business requirements. The successful candidate will play a primary role in a growing team whose primary goal is revenue generation through the delivery of bar none client service.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Participate in all phases of the SDLC lifecycle, including assistance in the architecture of solutions, creation of design documentation, development and writing of test plans
- Optimize development to meet efficiency and cost goals while containing scope to deliver within the timeframe provided to customers
- Provide technical guidance and advice to project teams and decision-makers
- Identify and communicate technical issues
- Provide work breakdown and time estimates for projects
- Provide technical leadership by mentoring software developers and other team members
- Experience with Moodle development is highly preferred; other LMS experience will also be considered a plus
- Ability to function in a high growth business that is technologically sophisticated, fast-paced and high demand
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- A demonstrated passion for innovating and staying on top of the latest technologies
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Applications, or related experience
- Extensive knowledge of PHP 5, MySQL 5, Apache 2 and Linux, Ubuntu experience preferred
Chalk up Blackboard's success to the Internet. Blackboard develops software that lets schools create Internet-based learning programs...