To provide Uncompromised Safety, Superior Quality, Memorable Patient/Customer Experiences and Financial Stewardship by planning, implementing and evaluating clinical education and performance improvement for associates in their designated areas and to enhance their contributions to the profession.
- Responsible for evaluating need, developing, implementing, and facilitating staff education for maintaining competency in practice, using a variety of teaching strategies incorporating elements of safety in education planning and presentation based on current research and evidence based practice to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Educates staff on updated policies and procedures and revises unit-specific competencies for new hires and current associates.
- Maintains the professional practice knowledge base needed to help learners prepare for contemporary nursing practice.
- Facilitates Learner Development by recognizing their educator responsibility for helping students develop based on Benner's theory.
- Functions as a Change Agent and Leader to create a preferred future for nursing education and nursing practice.
- Monitors local and global health care issues and develops strategies to facilitate appropriate outcomes.
- Develops networks, collaborations, and partnerships to enhance nursing's influence within Health First.
- Current RN Florida license and current AHA CPR/BLS required.
- Current Florida RN license
- Minimum 15 years RN experience with 10 years in the Surgical Open Heart area
- Minimum of 3 years open heart education
- Prefer large teaching hospital (500+ bed) experience
- CCRN preferred
- CSC preferred
Health First - 14 months ago