Ultra Logistics, Inc., a leader in domestic truckload transportation and carrier management, is looking for qualified and ambitious individuals to become part of a growing team based out of our Northern NJ headquarters. We offer rewarding opportunities for self-motivated individuals who are looking for career growth and a daily sense of accomplishment.
Ultra Logistics has an immediate career opportunity for an ambitious, motivated individual to join our Information Technology department in Fair Lawn, NJ. We offer a fast-paced and stimulating team environment and leverage the latest technologies to deliver quality services to our clients. We are currently looking for a full-time Linux/Cisco Administrator with expertise in all areas of Debian Linux and Cisco IOS to join our team. Candidate will manage a farm of Debian Linux servers & Cisco networking hardware, support a small team of programmers working on web based logistics software and report to the Director of Information Technology. We are a results oriented company and as such the candidate must be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Maintain a Cisco network empowering policy-based routing, access control lists, DHCP, IPSec VPN, and VOIP
- Maintain a farm of Debian Linux servers including BIND, Apache, MySQL, HylaFax, Webmin, Postfox/Dovecot/Mailscanner, SFTP, SSH, DHCP, SNMP, jailed/chrooted FTP
- Maintain a mail server on a Debian Linux host, implementing Postfix as the MTA, Dovecot as the IMAP/POP server, Spamassassin as the spam filter, and ClamAV as the antivirus checker
- Maintain an enterprise fax server using the HylaFax package on a Debian Linux host
- Maintain several mission critical, high availability LAMP servers with zero downtime failover solution
- Monitor logs daily to ensure healthy, scalable servers
- Maintain a high availability failover system which regularly checks network connection for any failures.
- Maintain shell scripts to parse various server logs, looking for newly created UNIX users, suspicious HTTP server requests, and other questionable entries hinting at malicious intrusion attempts
- Work alongside developers and administer server permissions and subversion source control
- Maintain subversion repositories for development projects
- Minimum 5 years experience administrating Linux and Cisco systems
- Expertise running mission critical, high availability Linux farm
- Strong knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, TFTP, SNMP, DHCP, etc
- Strong knowledge of the Domain Name System, its standards, master/slave implementation, and security
- Strong knowledge of IP tables and their use in a Linux environment
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication, analytical, and teamwork skills
- Desire to take initiative & be a self-starter
- Experience with server virtualization a plus
- Experience with MySQL replication a plus