As a level 3 Associate on our Tax Services Team, you will continue to utilize your educational background as well as your communication and organizational skills as you work on clients of the Firm. You will take direction from other, more experienced members of the Team as you assist in the preparation of tax returns. Typical responsibilities will include utilizing basic research skills, applying your knowledge to understand minor potential tax issues, gathering client information necessary for filing and working with tax software applications to complete simple tax returns for review.
External Job Description - Essential Duties/Functions
ASC 740-10 (FAS 109 and FIN 48) Tax Accruals
- Ensures both that (a) clients comply with all applicable authorities, while at the same time minimizing their tax and reporting burdens, and (b) self and client service teams comply with all Firm policies, standards, and the BDO Tax Quality Manual ("TQM").
- Applies ability to understand and recognize book to tax differences in preparation of tax returns
- Effectively uses referencing system and workpapers that ties to the return
- Completes tasks and organizes file to minimize rework by reviewer;
- Ensures data is collected to comply with filing requirements;
- Takes initiative on impending due dates/engagement letters
- Works with tax software applications to complete simple tax returns for review
- Performs quarterly estimates and prepares extensions
- Assists with responses to notices from the Internal Revenue Service
- Assists in the projection of year-end filings
- Correctly and proactively applies Firm policies, standards, and the BDO Tax Quality Manual (TQM) regarding FAS 109 and FIN 48.
- Assists with components of income tax provisions.
External Job Description - Qualifications
- Assists with developing, recommending, and implementing efficient and effective methods to maximize client benefits, especially by decreasing clients' current and future taxes.
- Operates online research tools to gather pertinent tax information;
- Monitors tax law and client factual developments on a regular basis, daily or weekly but at least bi-weekly;
- Develops and communicates to client service team personnel, viewpoints regarding how those developments might affect clients;
- Other duties as required
- Possesses good communication skills
- Able to follow instructions as directed by members of Tax Team
- Able to prepare most types of tax returns
- Takes appropriate actions without being asked
- Seeks advice of appropriate superiors regarding issues, problems related to compliance
- Seeks additional responsibilities
- Practices formal and informal knowledge sharing
- Four-year degree in Accounting
- Masters degree in accounting/tax - a plus, masters degree in taxation - preferred
- 1-2 years prior experience (including internships)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook), Adobe Acrobat, and tax research databases such as BNA and RIA Proficient in all tax compliance process software including GoFileRoom, GoSystemRS, Caseware, BNA Depreciation Software, or comparable programs, and standard tax workpapers
BDO USA, LLP - 4 years ago
BDO has over 90 years of experience providing value-added assurance, accounting, tax and advisory services to a broad range of clients...