TELEDYNE RD INSTRUMENTS, INC., originally founded as RD Instruments, (RDI) developed the industry's first Acoustic Doppler Current Profiler (ADCP), a revolutionary device capable of measuring the speed and direction of underwater currents at up to 128 individual points throughout the water column. Through the years, the company has expanded its core technology to create a wide array of current profiling, wave measurement, and navigation products for environments ranging from shallow water estuaries to full ocean depth applications.
With over 20,000 Doppler products delivered worldwide; employing over 175 multi-disciplined scientist, engineers, technicians, sales and support personnel; and residing in an 80,000 square foot ISO-9001:2000 facility that includes state of the art engineering, laboratory, manufacturing and test areas, Teledyne RDI remains a clear leader in its field.
For more information, please visit our website at www.rdinstruments.com
Responsible for overseeing employees in the after-market repair center, making sure day to day operations run smoothly, and ensuring that customer repairs are routed and handled effectively. The repair center supervisor will resolve employee issues, handle customer complaints, deal with technical issues, and work in a fast-paced environment. The end goal is to ensure that external and internal customers are served well, and that the company is represented in the best way possible.
• Supervision of Technicians/Assemblers.
• Provides written and/or oral instructions including, work procedures, and work schedules.
• Proactively monitors status of repairs and coordinates with employees to ensure On Time shipment goals are met or exceeded.
• Makes recommendations to procedures and workflows to improve efficiency of employees.
• Monitors quality of repairs to ensure repair expenses are minimized.
• Monitors productivity of employees to maximize profit margin.
• Works with planners to resolve or expedite issues related to needed parts.
• Works with buyers and vendors to manage vendor needs.
• Responds to customer inquiries (e.g. status of repair, quote, and explanation of findings).
• Prioritizes special requests.
• Ensures inspections are completed timely.
• Directs subordinates to achieve assignments using established guidelines, procedures and policies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field and one year supervisory experience in an after market repair center or a technical Associate's degree or diploma from a technical or vocational school and three years supervisory experience in an after market repair center.
• Must possess excellent customer service skills, including acting with a sense of urgency, business etiquette, providing timely answers to customer's inquiries, and expediting resolution to customer's concerns.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to apply commons sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Knowledge of the principles of electronics and troubleshooting techniques.
• Intermediate MS Office skills including ability to open and create files in Word, create and manipulate data in Excel and use E-mail and calendars in Outlook. Previous CRM system (Salesforce) experience is desirable with the skills to access and manipulate other database applications.
• Must have effective written and verbal communication skills at a business level; follow written and verbal procedures, instructions, and write business reports about the work accomplished.
• Should be capable of gaining a basic understanding of Teledyne RD Instruments products.
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be a US Person (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
Teledyne RD Instruments, Inc. offers a very competitive compensation and benefits plan. Some of our benefits include:
• Paid Sick Leave
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Stock Purchase Plan
• Personal Accident Insurance
• Educational Reimbursement
• Life Insurance
• Onsite Gym
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Company Activities
Teledyne RD Instruments, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/AA. Local candidates are highly desired for this position. Please contact HR at 858-842-2600 if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for this position.
Teledyne Technologies Incorporated - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard