ProQuest is seeing a Software Developer Lead
This person will be a senior member of a development team responsible for the analysis, design, and implementation of a platform for search and retrieval of content. The candidate will be a member of a Scrum team and develop software that resides in both the services and application tiers, as the needed by the team.
What you'll be doing
- Pro-actively recommends software architecture changes to accommodate business needs
- Develop, review requirements along with Business Leads.
- Strong software development skills, including coding, testing, and debugging in an agile environment.
- Mentors other members of the team on design, reviews work and gives feedback.
- Incorporates capacity and performance needs into software design; collaborates on design of capacity and performance tests
- Provides continuous improvement of existing software architecture through regular root-cause analysis, cost savings initiatives, and process improvement recommendations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the development of system requirements and high-level design.
- Brings technology to the business through research, conferences, etc.
What You'll need to be successful
- 7+ years of architectural/high-level design experience with large-scale, complex n-tier scalable systems in a 24x7 production environment.
- 9+ years experience in the following: Java-based web application development (client and server implementations, multi-threaded applications)
- 3+ years experience working with XML, using DTDs and Schemas to define XML structures, using a variety of parsers, using XPath and XSLT to modify XML documents.
- 2+ years experience using SQL and interfacing with relational databases
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Capable of functioning independently and as part of a team; ability to mentor junior members of the team
- Experience with developing SOA and REST architectures; Restlet framework desirable
- Experience with web-based component frameworks, Java, Apache and Tomcat, XML and SQL/Databases; Tapestry experience desirable.
- Experience with Agile Development processes, in particular Scrum
- Experience working with open source technologies
- Experience with object oriented analysis and design
ProQuest - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
If your professional quest requires serious research, you might try ProQuest. The company provides access to and navigation of more than 125...