We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Responsible for daily operations of all maintenance services for assigned aircraft in an operational area within a region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible to have a thorough knowledge of Air Methods’ policies/procedures, compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations/Aeronautical Information Manual (FAR) General Operations Manual guidelines (GOM) and General Maintenance Manual (GMM).
- Performs repairs, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance for area aircraft.
- Updates and maintains maintenance manuals, service bulletins, parts books, and regulatory updates, and other technical directives.
- Coordinates ordering, shipping, and receiving of parts, supplies, tools and warranty claims part with or as directed by Material Management.
- As a part of the crew, cleans and maintains interior and exterior of aircraft.
- Coordinates aircraft maintenance schedules with Lead Mechanic and area schedules.
- Maintains upkeep of work area, materials and tools.
- Prepares and maintains documentation related to work activities in accordance with regulations.
- Performs duties as a lead mechanic in the absence of incumbent.
- Performs similar duties on an on-call basis.
- Trade or Vocational School (two (2) year program)
- Minimum t wo (2) years Turbine Helicopter Maintenance experience preferred.
Licenses & Certificates:
- Airframe and Power Plant (A&P) License
- Must have a valid Driver's License
Reports to: Area Maintenance Manageror Lead Mechanic
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally
- Ability to apply regulatory and technical information to various situations.
- Ability to read and understand technical and regulatory terminology and compose and verbalize the same.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot technical/inspection issues and provide guidance and resolution of problems.
- Ability to apply mathematical and analytical skills to work activities.
- Ability to conduct activities requiring lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling burdens up to 100 lbs. on a frequent basis.
- Hand and power tools and measurement instruments.
- Operates hoists, trucks and tractors.
- Work in or near aircraft and/or an aircraft hangar environment on a daily basis and may be exposed to loud aircraft noise, fumes, gases, odors, dust particles, and mechanical and electrical hazards.
- Willingness to work overtime, evenings and weekends (if required).
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to perform procedures and assessments, reach with hands and arms, and speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and smell. The employee is required to maintain adequate physical conditioning to be able to perform job duties. Job duties are often performed at high stress levels requiring employee to function effectively and independently while maintaining good working relationships with co-workers, patients, customers, or other individuals. The employee may be required to be able to lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Air Methods - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Air Methods has built its reputation on a commitment to quality patient care and safety in aviation operations. Since 1980, we have been...