AEG MANAGEMENT TWN, LLC D/B/A TARGET CENTER
POSITION Event Manager
DEPARTMENT Event Services
SUPERVISOR Sr. Director of Event Services
FLSA STATUS Exempt, Full-time
LAST UPDATED April 2012
The Event Manager is responsible for managing the event details and front-of-house needs for all Target Center events, including MN Timberwolves and Lynx games, family shows, concerts, sporting events, graduations, and corporate events. This position is responsible for communicating event specifics to all applicable departments and working to ensure the success of each event.
- In conjunction with the Production Manager, advance Target Center events/shows (e.g. review concert riders) with clients and communicate event requirements to all departments.
- Maintain positive communication and serve as a venue resources for clients, up to and including the event day.
- Manage the first aid program for all events that include public guests/participants.
- Lead weekly Event Meeting, communicating/delegating event specifics to affected departments.
- Work closely with Production Manager to ensure shows are managed appropriately.
- In partnership with the Sr. Director, Marketing and Event Services, attend and manage the events as needed.
- Attend bi-weekly meetings with key staff from MN Timberwolves/Lynx during each respective season ensure initiatives are communicated to all applicable departments.
- Review Guest Services and MOD event notes regularly and follow-up with any needs that are noted.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
This position does not have direct reports but will assist the Sr. Director, Marketing and Event Services in the supervision of the Event Services Coordinator.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, or REGISTRATIONS
- 4-year college degree and 1 year of experience in the Sports Events, or Entertainment industry required OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to maintain positive rapport and strong relationships with internal and external (e.g. clients/tenants) customers.
- Experience in special events/sporting events preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel required; experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and ABImm/TMSS timekeeping software program preferred.
- Must be highly organized, resourceful, quick learner, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Work schedule will include normal business hours plus additional nights/weekends.
- Frequent walking, including walking stairs.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 15 pounds.
Req Create Date:
AEG - 12 months ago