Oracle/PostgreSQL Database Administrator
Contract to Hire
Greythorn is seeking a DBA with experience in Oracle, PostgreSQL, or MySQL. This opportunity will allow you to work in an environment that is large but still small enough to allow you visibility within the organization and to be an individual contributor. In addition this is a great opportunity to work across platforms while supporting a site with over 50 million users ! Greythorn is looking for DBA's that are motivated by the most effective methods for managing over 4T of data. Our databases are a hybrid mix of Oracle, MySQL and PostgreSQL, so your versatility across platforms will keep our databases running smoothly. We are currently in the process of migrating from Oracle to PostgreSQL 9.1.
* Design consistent build, deploy and management processes for databases and database changes
* Maintain and administer the large, complex databases that support the Classmates.com website, monitor databases and respond immediately to critical conditions.
* Defuse possible problems before they become critical; ensure database reliability, availability, and performance; and institute and maintain backup and recovery procedures.
* Update and upgrade the site and fine-tune production resources to achieve optimal performance.
* Work with the application support team to identify areas for simplification and unification with system standards for installation, configuration and startup
* Build and improve upon scripts to automate common tasks
* You will be part of a bi-weekly on-call rotation and wear a pager.
* 4+ years' experience with Oracle 11g and 10g Enterprise Edition
* 3+ years' experience with MySQL
* 3+ years' experience with PostgreSQL (preferred)
* Oracle Dataguard, RMAN and Replication
* Experience working on 24/7 production three-tier systems and troubleshooting performance issues
* Solid understanding of UNIX command line, and o/s fundamentals
* Experience with CVS, SVN and Git
* Experience with perl, and bash scripting. Experience with Python a plus
* Experience with configuration management tools like Puppet or Chef
* BS or BA from an accredited college or university or equivalent
* Strong communication skills
Remember Greythorn offers up to a $1200 referral bonus for any successful placement.
Greythorn IT Recruitment - 21 months ago
Greythorn is one of the longest-established consultancies specialising in the field of technology recruitment. As a niche recruitment...