Challenge Yourself - Be an Army Civilian - Go Army!
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
Position is located on Schofield Barracks at the Tropics.
Current employees must provide a DA 3434 to verify employee information.
Direct Deposit is required
Social Security card is required
Assists management with the operation of facility in accordance with established procedures. Issues, receives and controls cash receipts and change funds; verifies cash count of funds turned in by cashiers. Determines cash shortage or overages.
Assures only authorized patrons utilize the facilities. Submits daily report of operations. Assists in setting up parties according to party plan. May assist bartenders in setting up bars and/or cashier's bag. Completes Daily Activity Report. Completes fire safety checks and secures the facility.
May monitor inventories, place and receive food and beverage orders using RecTrac or similar software.
Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Progressively responsible duties in the receipt, disbursement, examination, deposit, custody or other processing of cash items.
2. Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
3. Where duties involve selling alcoholic beverages applicant must meet state/local age requirements for the serving of alcoholic beverage at the time of appointment.
4. Skill in providing customer service.
5. Ability to communicate effectively.
Highly Preferred Qualifications:
1. Working Knowledge of RecTrac computer program or similiar programs.
2. Understanding and experience with Family & MWR internal controls.
3. Ability to plan, organize and execute recreational programs for Soldiers.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
4. Social Security Card and Picture ID must be presented at time of appointment.
5. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities, additional screening criteria and other characteristics).
Flexible employees are not entitled to benefits unless converted to Regular Part-Time or Regular Full-Time positions.
Conversion of employment category (from Flexible to Regular Part-Time or Full-Time ) may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3.
To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 21 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...