Don't wait to jumpstart your career! Seize this
opportunity to work for the company that Travel &
Leisure has recently awarded one of the best Tour
Operators on the planet. Collette Vacations sells over
125 guided tours to all 7 continents and has offices
around the globe. Our family owned company has a proven
track record of over 94 years of sales success and are
continuing to grow. As a matter of fact 2010 was our
best year ever!
The Product Specialist role is to support the Product
Manager(s) in their job functions and to assist the
company and vendors in the assigned territory. These
vendors, including hotels, restaurants, gift shops,
- Research: Conduct extensive research on potential
step-on guides, and included and optional
existing vendors as needed where we do not currently
- Contracting: Negotiate contracts with new and
have valid contracts
for the region including R&D, pricing and
- Custom Tours. Complete full process for custom tours
itineraries, option creation, bid proposals, space,
client and sales interaction etc.
Requests (SPL’s) per customers’ request. Answers
- Product Help desk. Receive and price Special
tour related questions on a day to day basis.
Maintains FAQ’s in Pivotal. Processes Tour
itineraries or other written collateral as needed.
- Itineraries and Collateral: work on preliminary
problems/add dates/ waitlists as needed.
- Space Problems: Assist in clearing space
Operations Coordinator, for requested upgrades and
- Cruise Upgrade – Price and supply sell at rates, to
- Work with the Accounting department on mismatched or
- Complete the Annual Itinerary Services Report (ISR)
- Act as Back up to Product Manager. This includes
Series, add date and custom) for the region. Update
- Pricing. Complete any pricing as directed (Tour
tour series and package price builds that have been
affected by changes and recontracting to insure that
it pulled through correctly to all dates.
- Contract Builds – Reviews all NEW contracts to
travel a projected 20 - 40 days a year and to
- Travel. The Product Specialist may be required to
conduct any research, negotiations and trip planning
in conjunction with those trips as necessary.
emergency on-call phone 4-5 weekends a year,
- Weekend Coverage. Manage the Product department
including working in the office during those
weekends during busy season. In house coverage of 1
or more holiday(s) per year.
responsible for completing special projects
- Special Projects. The Product Specialists will be
throughout the year as assigned.
Req. Code : 426
Division/Department : Product
Collette Vacations - 16 months ago