Summary / Purpose
Develop, maintain and improve Jabil quality in Design Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Know and understand the business unit strategic directions.
• Define, develop and implement Systems Audit strategies, which contribute to the customer’s strategic directions.
• Provide regular updates to Global Quality Manager on the execution of the strategy.
• Align audit activities such that they serve to check and validate business strategies implemented.
• Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
• Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
• Work with engineers to develop product quality objectives consistent with customer expectations and team plans.
• Support Business Unit in all quality related aspects associated by potential and new business.
• Understand and drive product tooling/inspection strategies to meet customer quality needs while enabling the lowest landed cost on a worldwide basis.
• Support regulatory qualification requirements as required.
• Provide strong leadership to the team in activities relating to product quality.
• Assume the quality conscience of the team in all aspects of the business.
• Understand and champion customer requests for corrective/preventive action.
• Support quality efforts from material qualification to end user reliability.
• Monitor trends in quality data (yields, dpm, corrective actions) to identify continual improvement opportunities.
• Provide accurate, timely feedback of production issues to the work-cell teams.
• Escalate issues and declining trends to the appropriate personnel for resolution.
• Promote best practices, and standardization of key policies and procedures in each factory around the globe.
• Act as a catalyst for changing the mindsets from one of reactively measuring the product to one of proactively monitoring the process for optimized performance and quality.
• Assist in eliminating non value-added inspection by instilling an “inspection at the source” mentality.
• Provide weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
• Present quarterly quality results and plans to the customer.
• Steer Customer Product Engineering and new program teams towards systems and information requirements that fit Jabil’s objectives of lower costs, less duplication of effort, and improved responsiveness.
• Serve as a Focal Point for major worldwide customer quality issues.
• Ensure real time containment and resolution of problems.
• Coordinate worldwide EC implementation.
• Understand the customer business (New programs, product transitions, technology trends, and integration site requirements).
• Support quality efforts on program transitions to/from worldwide manufacturing sites.
• Establish relationships and contacts with Customer Product Engineering and Box assembly personnel.
• Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
• Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree and five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Two years management/supervisory experience required.
• Must be familiar with Jabil metrics including DPMO, FPY, DPM, etc, Six Sigma, and must be proficient at FMEA.
• International travel required.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil is EOE.
Jabil Circuit - 22 months ago
Jabil Circuit is one of the leading providers of electronics manufacturing services (EMS) in the world. Its largest segment, diversified...