Programmer Analyst Job Description:
Programmer/Analyst will provide Technical Programming Expertise and Analytical support in developing and maintaining software tools and databases employing simulations and models. Also, the position involves developing and testing automated tools for data collection, quality control of databases, and generation of analysis products.
- Develop, test, maintain, document, and support new software or modifications of existing commercial or custom software programs that support the Command’s Joint Mission Analysis (JMA), Strategic Planning Process (SPP), or other Command processes.
- Provide Technical Expertise that enables transferring data between the various databases and other Combat Simulation and Models, as well as identifying potential data incompatibilities and means of overcoming such problems.
- Install, test and maintain software upgrades when provided and/or directed by the Government and shall include periodic version upgrades to correct problems, improve efficiency and usability, and/or provide greater capability.
- Assist in updating, improving, redesigning and maintaining databases to effectively support redesigned software systems for collection and analysis; will obtain, supply, integrate, install, test, and support all new software components.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on new hardware and software products with the objective of increasing efficiency, productivity, accuracy, and integration between systems, data, and software.
- Periodically re-evaluate database and software code structures and make recommendations to determine where improvements could be made.
Typically has a BS degree from an accredited college or university in a related discipline and five (5) to eight (8) years of progressive experience, or an MS degree in a related discipline and four (4) to six (6) years of progressive experience, or a Ph.D. degree in a related discipline and zero (0) to three (3) years of related engineering experience.
Strong Systems Analyst/Design background
Client-Server and Web development experience using the following technologies:
Security Clearance Required: Secret/Ability to obtain security clearance.
- VB.Net (preferred) or C#; .Net Framework
- Visual Basic 6, VBA, VB Script
- SQL Server/Oracle Databases, to include the writing and modification of stored procedures.
- Microsoft Office and VBA programming skill (with emphasis on Excel, Access, and reporting)
Sitting at desk 95% of the time. Phone use 10% of the time and PC or laptop 50%. Filing required 5%. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. (2%). Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Work will be performed in a cubical environment inside a large facility (100%). Some travel may be required depending requests by the customer.
Equipment and Machines:
General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment. (100%)
Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. It is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday). (100%)
Other Essential Functions:
Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client’s standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
The position for which you are interviewing requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
Jacobs, with annual revenues of nearly $13 billion, is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional, and...