The Global Help Desk is the primary group responsible for providing user-facing support to users through site-specific walkup locations and our global Remote Help Desk. The Help Desk Service Lead is responsible for operational execution and ensuring adverse trends in the quality of service delivery & support are constantly improved through the actionable use of data. This is a full-time position based in our main office in Menlo Park, CA. |
- Required to manage through influence on a recurring basis, working with other teams.
- Constantly maintains operational awareness of how Help Desk team(s) are doing overall through regular and deep understanding of defined metrics.
- Responsible for task management and assignments for Help Desk techs
- Monitors and unblock Help Desk performance through review and analysis of KPI's and issues.
- Seeks out feedback from Help Desk Techs to optimize support delivered (either in person or remotely) and maintain a good understanding of general user support needs and requirements ("voice of the customer")
- Uses advanced methods for the systematic isolation of issues, identification of root cause, and definition of technical solutions.
- Constantly identifies and takes action based on operational metrics and problem trends.
- Responsible for the quality and measuring success of on-boarding new technicians.
- Be fearless in making decisions based on quantitative & qualitative data.
- Excellent active listening and verbal communications skills combined with a high degree of business acumen.
- Proven skills associated with the isolation, analysis, and root cause analysis of complex technical.
- 2 years Host-based administration of Windows & Mac OS platforms (Mac OSX 10.7+, Windows 7 & 8) and detailed experience with Apple iOS & Android OS flavors.
- 3 years experience and a deep understanding of Microsoft Exchange including Outlook Web Access and Outlook 2010+ client software in both Mac & Windows environments.
- Understanding and working knowledge of Linux-based operating systems is desired (i.e. CentOS, Redhat, ect.)
- Working knowledge of Citrix solutions for remote access to data and applications as well as virtual desktop environments.
- Understanding of Network services including DNS, Active Directory, DHCP, and certificate-based authentication.
- Experience in vendor management.
- Must have the ability to learn in technical detail applications, services and software.
- Fundamental understanding of project management including schedule management, systems engineering, and risk management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5+ years experience in advanced user facing support position(s)
Facebook - 11 months ago
Facebook is a social utility that connects people with friends, business contacts and others who work, study and live around them.