WAMU 88.5 -- American University Radio is seeking an energetic and personable candidate to join the Development Team and manage the public media station's growing planned giving program. The Planned Giving Manager oversees and executes WAMU’s program to secure bequests and other deferred gifts, requiring knowledge of techniques used in financial and/or estate planning. The incumbent is responsible for managing all aspects of planned giving, including fundraising, solicitation, constituent contact, donor engagement, the 1961 Society, and marketing of all efforts. This position develops and uses creativity to market the planned giving program and to work with the WAMU Director of Development, WAMU Director of Campaigns, and American University’s Director of Planned Giving to manage a dynamic program to procure these gifts, and is considered a key solicitor and steward of planned giving donors. The Planned Giving Manager will oversee a prospect portfolio of planned and major giving donors/prospects for WAMU. The incumbent will identify and cultivate new prospects and serve as the behind-the-scenes and front-line planned giving resource for WAMU.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution is required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- 5 years of planned giving experience
- Experience with prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and donor relations
- Must possess excellent communication skills and exhibit confidence communicating with high profile constituents
- Professionalism, flexibility and strong interpersonal skills are of critical importance
- Must be self-motivated, self-managed, able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, have outstanding organizational abilities, good judgment, and strong ethics
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Experience in major gift fundraising
- Previous experience working in public media development
- Experience with PGCalc and Crescendo, and development database systems
The ideal candidate must have an appreciation for and commitment to the mission of WAMU and public media.
Occasional evening/weekend work and domestic travel may be necessary to visit, cultivate, solicit, close, and steward key prospects; manage events; and meet production deadlines. This position located in the WAMU offices at 4000 Brandywine St., NW.