Ector County Independent School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Secretary to Superintendent of Schools
Location: Administration Building
Job Summary: Ensure the efficient operation of the superintendents office and provide clerical services to the superintendent and board of trustees. Work under general supervision and direct the work of clerical employees assigned. Handle confidential information and frequent contact with all levels of district employees, outside agencies, and the general public.
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Three years or more advanced secretarial experience with extensive contact with people.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and post official board agenda and records.
- Record minutes of executive staff and board meetings as required.
- Collect, organize, copy, and bind all materials for board meetings; distribute to board members.
- Prepare all correspondence, memoranda, and reports for superintendent using personal computer.
- Compile information and prepare reports as needed.
- Distribute board materials to administrators, principals, and media.
- Schedule appointments and maintain superintendents calendar;
- Greet visitors and respond to routine inquiries from staff and public;
- Refer appropriate inquiries or problems to superintendent;
- Answer incoming calls and handle questions from public, outside agencies, board of trustees, and staff;
- Organize and manage routine work activities of the executive office;
- Maintain physical and computerized files, including board minutes and closed session records;
- Assist with travel arrangements for board members and administrators as needed, including making hotel reservations and turning in conference registration forms;
- Review and distribute mail;
- Maintain confidentiality of information;
- Notarize official documents as required;
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Prior experience in executive office of public school district or another entity;
- Proficient keyboarding, word processing, and file maintenance skills;
- Knowledge of school district organization, operations, and administrative policies;
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets, databases, and do word processing.
- May supervise schedules and work assignments of the office clerk and central receptionist.
- Personal computer, printer, copier, and fax machine.
Salary Range: $31,982.00 - $46,485.00
- Must be able to work with frequent interruptions, maintain emotional control under stress.
- Repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer.
- Occasional prolonged and irregular hours.
Start Date: To fill as soon as possible
Education America Network - 12 months ago
Ector County Independent School District is one of the outstanding school districts in Texas and the nation. Exceptional educators produce a...