Regional Marketing Statement
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $20.23 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $1.90 trillion in assets under management at September 30, 2010, State Street operates in 25 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs 28,940 worldwide. For more information, visit State Street’s web site at www.statestreet.com.
Operating in the United States since 1792, State Street services customers in multiple locations. State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
1. Calculates the Net Asset Value per share assigned. Determines dividend and distribution rates, as required.
2. Determines the timing of income and expense accrual. Enters and monitors general ledger or daily account activity.
3. Reconciles cash and/or fund share transactions; resolution of discrepancies with transfer agent’s and custodian’s records, if applicable.
4. Accounts for all daily activity (purchases, sales, income accruals, etc.) in an accurate and timely manner, and maintains all required controls to ensure overall accuracy.
5. Produces and verifies financial statements or trust reports and/or schedule D’s or daily NAV reporting and/or pricing.
6. Maintains monthly supporting schedules for all outstanding items, as well as other records required for fund audits, as required. Prepares monthly accounting control reports reconciliation.
7. Provides information needed to prepare financial reports for shareholder, director and management reports, in an accurate and timely manner.
8. Prepares proofs of account balances as needed.
9. Reviews security pricing information for accuracy and completion; along with all fund activity for reasonableness. Researches exceptions.
10. May research, verify and process all corporate actions.
11. Remains familiar with back-up procedures when system applications and/or transmission problems arise.
12. May be required to communicate with external/internal clients daily.
13. May perform other duties as requested.
Job Opening ID
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree with business related coursework. B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 0-1 year of related custody and /or fund accounting experience.
- Knowledge of securities language.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, and spreadsheet proficiency.
- Deadline oriented, with good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work as a team player.
State Street Job ID: 40844
Location: Boston, MA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
State Street Corp. - 2 years ago
Ol' Blue Eyes sang about the State Street (that great street) in Chicago, but investors may find Boston's State Street more melodi...