The Polysomnographic Technologist works closely with the Sleep Lab Department Manager and department staff to provide a comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders. A Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) performs physiologic studies of sleep and sleep related disorders. The RPSGT ensures that the data collected during these tests is accurate and organized allowing the test results to be utilized by physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders. A successful Polysomnographic Technologist, or Sleep Lab Technician, works independently for extended periods of time, usually overnight, providing “Extraordinary Care” to patients through friendly, caring, courteous, and professional services. They ensure patients feel comfortable and at ease during the test and answer questions patients may have regarding their test. Completing these duties provides the Polysomnographic Technologist the opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of many on a daily basis.
Entry Rate: $18.42
Benefits Eligible: No
Shift Details: Variable Nights
Department: Utah Valley Regional Medical Center - Sleep Lab
- Must be a registered Polysomnographic Technologist. Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RSPGT) designation required.
- This position requires verifiable current Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR certification. An original card must be verified prior to start date or the job offer will be withdrawn. For additional information regarding CPR requirements please visit our Job Requirements Page .
- Must be dependable and organized
- Knowledge of basic electroencephalogram (EEG)
- One or more years of polysomnography experience including scoring sleep lab studies during acquisition
- Good math skills and knowledge of basic human anatomy
- Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT) and Maintenance of Wakefulness Test (MWT) experience
- College or continuing education
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...