Social Worker Social Services Director- KTCR Santa Cruz
Kindred is an approved provider of continuing education from the Commission of Dietetic Registration. Company provided CE's via webinars and self-study courses. Opportunity for career development through the Mentor Program and AIT program. Website dedicated to Nutrition Services on the Kindred intranet. Company paid access to the American Dietetic Association's Nutrition Care Manual. Resources for policies, procedures, menus, patient education, and staff education. Opportunity to participate in development of policies, procedures, menus, patient education, and staff education materials that are used throughout the company. Training and support from a Nutrition Services Mentor and Regional Nutrition Services Director.
As the nutrition expert on the Interdisciplinary Team, you will provide Medical Nutrition Therapy and work with the Nutrition Services Manager to ensure that quality food, service and nutritional care are being provided to our residents. You'll be part of a team that works together to make sure Kindred's residents are taken care of with not only clinical expertise, but also genuine involvement in their needs and feelings.
• Evaluates the Medical Nutrition Therapy needs of the residents and implements appropriate interventions to improve their nutritional status
• Coordinates resident care with the Interdisciplinary Team
• Coordinates with the Nutrition Services Supervisor/Manager the review and customization of the regular and therapeutic menus
• Conducts meal rounds and interviews staff and residents to ensure residents are receiving foods in the amount, type, consistency, and frequency required to maintain or improve nutritional status.
• Routinely inspects the food service area(s) and practices for compliance with company policies, procedures, standards, and applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
• Participates in the long-term care survey process.
• Provides in-service training to Nursing Center staff on topics related to Nutrition and Foodservice.
• Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Companies Code of Business Conduct, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards and codes of ethics.
Registered Dietitian Nutrition Services Food Services Dietary Services Registered Dietetic
If you are a current
- Bachelors degree in Dietetics, Nutrition, or related field
- Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association License or certification as mandated by the state in which employed ServSafe Food Safety Certification preferred
- Experience in long-term care environment and geriatric nutrition preferred
NV-Las Vegas-Kindred Transitional Care and Rehabilitation-Torrey Pines
Kindred Healthcare - 10 months ago
The word "kindred" has many meanings, including allied, similar and family. We believe the name reflects our business as well as...