JOB TITLE: DENTAL ASSISTANT I/II/III
DEPARTMENT: FRUITVALE DENTAL
CLASSIFICATION: TEMPORARY FULL-TIME 100% (BASED ON A 40 HR WORK WEEK)
REPORTS TO: ASSOCIATE DENTAL DIRECTOR/SITE MANAGER
STATUS: NON-EXEMPT (NON-UNION POSITION)
SALARY: DA I : $15.7962 PER HOUR DA II : $17.6916 PER HOUR W/ NO FRINGE BENEFITS
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
POSITION AVAILABLE: March 15, 2012
ABOUT THE POSITION: Under general direction the individual in this position is responsible for assuring that dental operatories are adequately stocked and are ready for patients; provides diagnostic aids including X-ray and taking and recording medical and dental histories. The individual hired in this position will be working Monday through Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with one day off during the week. The individual in this position must be flexible with their working schedule based on clinic needs. This is a temporary position with an end date of August 15, 2012.
1. Dental Assistant I: Requires high school diploma or equivalent, completion of a dental assistant training program, possession of a California X-ray License, supplemented by one to two years dental assistant experience in a dental office.
1a. Dental Assistant II: Requires all of the above plus R.D.A license.
2. Ability to work courteously and effectively as a team member to support the quality/efficiency standards established for the clinic; work independently; exercise good judgment; spell correctly; communicate effectively orally and in writing, make accurate mathematical computations; follow oral/written instructions, perform clerical work in a methodical, independent and thorough manner with speed and accuracy with minimal supervision.
3. Ability to work in a four-handed dentistry.
4. Knowledge of dental terminology, office practices, and procedures.
5. Must have physical stamina to function effectively in a position that involves continuous movement.
6. Bilingual in English/Spanish strongly preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Dental Assistant I: The individual in this position will work at the dental front desk in all functions of the dental front office. This candidate will schedule patients, register patients, collect and post payments, prepare treatment estimates for review with patient, run, balance and close end of day reports and all other duties as assigned.
1. Prepares instruments, materials and medication for use in dental procedures; cleans sterilizes, and maintains an adequate supply of instruments, maintains functioning instruments and equipment, prepares inventory and maintains dental supplies.
2. Provide clinical supportive functions, including preparing and dismissing patients. Recording treatment information, taking and recording medical/dental histories, and vital signs of patients.
3. Provides post-operative instructions prescribed by the Dentist.
4. Assists dentist in management of medical and dental emergencies.
5. Makes preliminary impressions for study models.
6. Assist in maintaining patient treatment records and maintaining equipment and instruments.
7. Participates in, in-service training programs, attends staff meetings and as required.
8. Performs such lab procedures as pouring trimming and polishing study models.
9. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Dental Assistant II: Responsible for all of the above and additionally;
10. Provides diagnostic aids including x-ray and taking and recording medical and dental histories.
11. Pours, trims, and polishes study casts, fabricates custom impression trays from preliminary impressions, cleans and polishes removable appliances, and fabricates temporary restorations.
La Clínica de La Raza, Inc. - 13 months ago