Responsible Sourcing Environmental Program Manager
This position will be filled at UL's Responsible Sourcing office in Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
Promoting safe living and working environments.
Founded in 1894, UL is a premier safety company with more than a century of proven history, leading the world in enhancing safe living and working environments, facilitating global trade and serving as a trusted source of information and knowledge. We employ more than 10,000 professionals who work in over 100 countries, and that number is growing.
UL's technical and subject-matter experts work within our five exciting businesses under one of the most recognized and respected safety brands in the world:
We are proud of our role in public safety and work hard each day to help the world move forward - one safe step at a time. Together, we CAN make a difference....so if you'd like to make a real impact, make us your first choice!
- Product Safety
Providing product safety testing and certification for global market access as well as inspection services to maintain certification.
- Verification Services
Offering quality assurance testing, inspections, audits and responsible sourcing services for a wide array of goods, including wireless protocol and digital security, performance testing and energy efficiency testing.
- Knowledge Services
Delivering facilitated workshops and customized training solutions focused on workplace safety, personnel certification and advisory services.
- Life & Health
Providing innovative and trustworthy solutions, whether it be a test report, certification, or regulatory compliance package, to the drinking water, food safety, and medical device industries.
Offering independent assessment and certification, educational services and standards development focused on environmental claims validation, sustainable products certification, energy efficiency certification and advisory services.
Develops and implements products and services for the Environmental Responsibility line of business (LOB). Supports commercial teams in selling products and services within assigned LOB. Serves as a subject matter expert within LOB and actively engages in thought-leadership activities.
- University degree in Environmental Management, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Health and Safety, or related field; plus a minimum of three years work experience in supply chain sustainability or environmental program implementation
- Experience in service or product line development and factory-level environmental programs
- Bi-lingual w/ English for all international hires; bi-lingual preferred for U.S. hires
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in English required, proficiency in a secondary language preferred
- Advanced skills in internet research, Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining high quality and excellent customer service
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
Look at what we can do together!
You've learned about us - now we would like to learn more about you. If you like what you have read and you believe that you would be a good fit, we would like to hear from you. Our sustained growth and success is dependent upon the commitment of its workforce. We consider our employees to be our most valued asset and we offer challenging and rewarding careers, excellent working conditions, exceptional opportunities for your professional and personal development, and a competitive compensation package. For more information, please visit us online at ulcareers.com . In the keyword search enter IRC341 to apply.
UL and its family of companies are equal opportunity employers committed to workforce diversity and fair employment practices.