SolarCity is seeking applicants to install residential grid-tied PV systems. In this position, the Installer will provide support to the crew lead of the installation team, communicate job status data to the operations management, and ensure the completion of installation of all solar arrays/systems. It is the responsibility of every Installer to ensure safe work practices for the SolarCity installation team.
- Attend mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology and safety
- Pulling inventory for each installation job, ensuring adequate inventory for truck load
- Pre-assemble job components in the warehouse
- On-site design installation, working off of plan designs
- Layout and assembly of solar modules / array and mounting hardware
- Mechanical/structural mounting of racking, modules and electrical equipment
- Electrical wiring of solar array/system (AC and DC)
- Document completion of job with photos
- Clean up of job site
- Minimum 3 years of experience in residential roofing and carpentry
- Experience with the safe use of hand-held and power tools.
- Ability to work in extreme environments, e.g. hot sun, crawl spaces, etc.
- Ability to set-up and climb ladders.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening
- Previous solar installation experience is a plus
- Proficiency with Email and other IT preferred
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction Certificate strongly recommended
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
SolarCity Delivers Better Energy
SolarCity is a national leader in clean energy services. We make clean energy available to homeowners,...