As a Fitness Attendant you will provide services to Physical Fitness Center program participants by maintaining and distributing physical fitness equipment and supplies, by acting as lifeguard and teaching basic water safety and swimming techniques, and by providing coverage in the physical fitness laboratory.
What You'll Do
- Perform lifeguard duties for pool and assists in teaching basic water safety and swimming techniques to children and adults as assigned.
- Office Administrative responsiblities such as taking incoming calls, answering general questions, assuring compliance with fitness center rules, and directing participants to proper facilities.
- Promotes and advertises programs for fitness activities.
- Supervises the use of all Physical Fitness laboratory facilities and equipment.
- Adheres to and operates within safety policies and practices, and attends requisite safety training.
- Assists in any first aid, CPR or illness which may occur in the pool area; performs blood-borne pathogen clean up of accidents involving blood and notifies security as necessary.
- May take chlorine measurement prior to opening of pool.
- Maintenance of laundry and towels; sorts, washes, and folds laundry.
- Performs routine cleaning and preventative maintenance of exercise equipment, Universal equipment, treadmills, bikes, stair steppers, elliptical trainers, free weights, etc. Including spraying with silicone, cleaning vinyl, etc.
- Notifies Fitness/Employee Activities Manager of any repairs needed.
- Provides coverage for the physical fitness laboratory including such duties as putting up volleyball nets, officiating at recreation programs, etc.
- Maintains security of fitness lab.
- Assists in any first aid or illness, including CPR, which may occur in the fitness area; performs blood borne pathogen clean up of accidents involving blood and calls Security as necessary.
- Opens, closes, and secures the Physical Fitness Center.
What it Takes
High School Diploma
Prior Lifeguard experience a plus.
Must obtain and/or maintain certifications for First Aid, CPR, and AED.
May require the CPR-AED Lifeguard and Lifeguard Training and First Aid certifications.
Prior Experience as a Physical Fitness Attendant helpful.
What You'll Receive
Sentry's excellent benefits package is designed to meet today's most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- 401 (K) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first six percent
- Comprehensive paid training
- Generous Paid-Time Off or Time Away from Territory Plan
- Pretax Dependant Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
How You’ll Apply
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
Javier Sotelo at 715/346-6742
Sentry employees have been helping individuals and businesses build and protect their futures since 1904. Because of the trust placed in us, Sentry is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, and is rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Sentry Insurance - 22 months ago
Founded in 1904, Sentry Insurance is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in America.
Sentry is one of the...