The Project Manager position is the single point of accountability for large, very complex PPL Electric Utilities capital projects (Transmission, Distribution and Substation), that range in value from tens to hundreds of millions of dollars. Responsible for the successful delivery of assigned project portfolio. Responsible for all project management activities throughout the project life cycle including; planning, detailed design, construction, close out and turnover to operations on assigned project portfolio. Team player capable of working with management, Project Control Specialists and contractors. Must be capable of coordinating and influencing a wide range of functional organizational leads and subject matter experts to accomplish the goals and objectives of the organization. Must be goal oriented, action-focused, pragmatic and self-disciplined. In addition, she/he must excel at project planning, organizing, communication, team motivation and delegation.
Experience managing a portfolio of projects that include:
Plans, directs, and ensures the successful management of assigned project portfolio utilizing the complete resources of the project management office and assigned project management teams.
Maintains communication with upper management both within and across organizations to ensure smooth running of all assigned projects. Advises leadership about the project portfolio, status, budget, and resource planning for delivering strategic business projects. Establish and nurture positive relationships with and customer organizations.
Responsible for the development, execution and ongoing maintenance of the Project Management Plan for each assigned project. This includes; scope, schedule, cost, quality, communication, resource, issues, risks, change control and contractor management plans. Level of detail is driven by project size and complexity.
Responsible for all project management activities for assigned portfolio throughout the project life cycle (planning, detailed design, construction, close out and turnover to operations) on assigned project portfolio.
- portfolio budget ranging from $5M to $50M
- project budget ranging from $10k to $10M
- complexity from low to extreme (degree of difficulty, level of risk, contracting strategy, stakeholder engagement)
- duration from several months to several years
Has expert experience in Project/Program Management and is able to lead in the coaching and mentoring of team members to help them achieve individual expectations and deliverables. Demonstrates the ability to adapt to and lead, change, and coach others in the acceptance and support of change.
Support the development and maintenance of Project Management support policies, standards and procedures necessary to produce the deliverables from the team and to work effectively with the other teams. Assumes a leadership role in educating the business and technical community on Project and Program management processes and areas of expertise.
Take ownership and delivery responsibility for special projects and company initiatives. Provide ongoing reconciliation between long-term goals and short-term actions. Initiates and implements new technologies, methodologies, process and procedures that will support PPL’s long and short term goals.
- Effectively applies PPL PM methodology and enforces project standards.
- Project team identification and ongoing management.
- Develop and manage the project communication plan.
- Managing/facilitating team deliverables delivery (conception design, siting studies, constructability walkdown, design package, contractor contracts, etc.).
- Manages “gate” reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope
- Responsible for project changes (scope, budget, and schedule) are managed through the project governance structure that has been implemented by PPL EU management.
- Proactively identify risk and mitigation plans, monitor project status, recognize negative trends and project variances, and coordinates corrective action.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Manages project budget. Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project. Accurately forecasts project cost to complete. Manages cash flows and final project cost, variances, and corrective actions.
- Responsible for the management of project contracts including: bid process (working with the Contract Management team), identify upcoming contract obligations, develop dispute resolution options and assist in contract final closure. Oversight on the invoice/payment process and updates/ Q/A to the financial systems.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications to receive consideration.
B.S. in Business, Engineering or Science; or a minimum of 10 years of specific related electric utility experience.
5-10 years in project related experience.
Budget, cost control, scheduling, reporting and writing skills experience. Skills in schedule and cost management.
PE License (Pennsylvania).
Familiarity with electric utilities equipment and processes.
Customer interface experience.
Strong written, oral, presentation and organizational skills.
Demonstrated initiative and leadership Skills.
Skills in critical path risk assessment and tools.
Engineering economics skills.
Skills in schedule and cost risk assessment and management.
Project management certification by a recognized organization such as the Project Management Institute.
Project management skills in schedule, cost management, critical path method assessment and tools.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PPL is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace - M/F/D/V
PPL Corporation - 19 months ago
PPL Corporation (PPL) is an energy and utility holding company, which through its subsidiaries, generates electricity from power plants in...