Join our IT Platforms team and be responsible for driving new technology adoption into a progressive IT organization. In this role you will be a Linux and Storage subject matter expert that will be assigned as the primary technical lead to a number of cross platform projects. You would also be a liaison to the globally distributed Linux and Storage platform specialists in a number of platform enhancement initiatives.
Qualifications Required / Preferred
- Being a subject matter expert for the Linux and Storage areas of the IT platforms team
- Working as a technical lead on strategic global projects for the company
- Working alongside other globally distributed UNIX/Linux and Storage administrators to provide world class support to the platform
- Automation of virtualization and Linux solutions (provisioning, deployment, reporting, workflow, etc…)
- Provide technical solutions and guidance for internal customers and team members
- Maintain a solid working knowledge of the various storage and virtualization technologies and best practices
- Troubleshoot storage platforms, networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct operational problems
- Assist in the research, selection and implementation of storage and virtualization solutions within MathWorks
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
- Technical expert in Storage protocols and Linux/UNIX platforms
- Solid working knowledge of vSphere ESX/ESXi, Mac, and Windows OS.
- Solid technical negotiation and presentation skills
- Solid technical and problem solving skills
- Ability to independently troubleshoot systems administration issues and problems through to resolution
- Customer focused with a dedication to customer satisfaction
- Excellent judgment and solid decision making skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to occasionally work after hours, weekends and on-call
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong initiative and self-motivation
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to complete tasks on time
- Ability to identify and recommend process improvements
- BS/BA/MS degree and 7+ years of applicable work experience
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 2500 people in 15 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks - 2 years ago
MathWorks is the leading developer of mathematical computing software. MATLAB, the language of technical computing, is a programming...