Position yourself at the forefront of the education revolution.
If you answered Yes! to the above, then Kaplan Higher Education Campuses is the place for you.
- Are you interested in helping to make a long-term impact on the future of students and their families?
- Are you an individual who embraces taking on significant ownership and responsibility from the day you begin a new job?
- Are you looking for a role where the demands are high but so is the job satisfaction?
Kaplan College in Hammond is currently searching for a full-time Career Services Advisor. The Career Services Advisor supports all aspects of Career Services including:
- Engage and actively partner with students from enrollment to employment with activities such as: mock interviews, professional workshops, resume writing, and workforce preparation.
- Assist graduates in securing employment in their field of study.
- Partner with students and employers to address and resolve placement and externship challenges and opportunities.
- Conduct graduate exit interviews and required paperwork to determine and evaluate job interests.
- Partner with students, alumni and employers to schedule employment interviews.
- Conduct follow up activities with students and employers regarding resume submissions and interviews.
- As needed, assist in-school students in finding part-time employment.
- Build new strategic relationships and maintain positive working relationships with employers to secure externship, placement and referral opportunities.
- Conduct employer and local community outreach to develop new job leads and job orders.
- Conduct employer outreach and site visits to communicate the campus features, program information, and staffing benefits to employers in order to develop new job leads.
- Recommend and encourage employers attendance at on-campus job fairs, workshops, Advisory Board meetings and classroom presentations.
- Participate in recruiting and networking events.
- Adhere to Career Services Code of Conduct, and company policies and procedures.
- Meet established goals and objectives as provided by manager.
- Keep current on all the campus programs and continually seek to improve level of campus and company product knowledge.
- Participate in CS accountability meetings and report placement and job development outcomes.
- Input all activity into database management system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service.
- Partner and collaborate with other departments in support of campus and company goals.
- Assist with and participate in on-campus events including: orientation, job fairs, workshops, open houses, employer panels and commencement ceremonies.
- Associate's Degree required, Bachelors Degree strongly recommended
- 1-3 years related experience (placement office, staffing agency, or other related recruiting or sales experience)
- Adept in Microsoft Office
- Customer-facing experience preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate accurately and positively by telephone and email
- Ability to provide exemplary customer service with a wide variety of individuals who possess varying educational backgrounds and life experiences
- Ability to follow processes, work effectively on a team, and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to quickly learn how to use a database management system
- Superior time management skills, including ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Mature, self-driven, results oriented individual with ability to critically assess own performance
- Desire to help others
- Enthusiastic and outgoing
- Positive attitude
- Strives for success
- Professional demeanor
- Embraces innovation and change
- Holds self accountable for problems in own area of control
- Willing and able to take direction
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
- Experience with CampusVue or other higher education database management system preferred
Kaplan, Inc. - 2 years ago
Kaplan will put you to the test. The Washington Post subsidiary is perhaps best known for its test-preparation publications, which help...