The Finance Training Coordinator is responsible for developing and maintaining epic course curricula and supporting training materials; builds, tests and maintains the training environment; coordinates the logistics and training for their respective application; demonstrates sound working knowledge of government regulations and other insurer’s requirements; stays current with payor reimbursement policies and contracted Preferred Provider Organizations (PPO’s); utilizes electronic payer inquiry functionality or telephone to initiate or complete follow-up activities and resolve unpaid claims; assists with defining new requirements; communicates with both payers and patients; assists with monitoring billing compliance by performing audits; builds professional working relationships internally and externally, and demonstrates the ability to adjust own workload. |
• Basic project management skills (ability to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts, maintain issues list, and manager project plans.
• Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills and follow up skills.
• Detail oriented and ability to probe for information.
• Viewed as an expert in Business Office practices.
• Respected within the organization and viewed as a team player.
• Knowledgeable about Altru Health System’s policies, procedures and business operations.
• Ability to work effectively with various levels of management, physicians, ancillary departments and vendors.
• Understands revenue cycle flows from beginning to end, using continuous quality improvement methods to enhance process metrics within departments for efficiencies.
• Ability to work independently.
• Proficient in software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and database management.
• International Classification for Diseases (ICD), Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) knowledge.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
Altru Health System is an integrated health system with headquarters on a 90-acre medical campus in Grand Forks. It was created in July 1997...