The Senior Manager of Finance, WW Operations Technology will be responsible for providing financial support for decision making to the WW Operations Technology teams. Working with retail leaders, operations research teams, technologist and regional Finance teams, the successful candidate will prioritization execution of key technology programs which optimize the financial leverage of Amazon inventory. The successful candidate will design, develop, and maintain performance measurements on strategic projects to continuously improve the economics influenced by inventory planning.
The role is located in Amazon’s Seattle Headquarters and reports into the Finance Director, WW Operations. In this role, you will support the VP of Inventory Placement and Inventory Planning and Control Systems as well as manage a team of 3. Applicants should also be interested in day to day finance tasks such as reporting and data analysis, as you will be tasked with ensuring the successful running of the global inventory finance function.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support exciting new Technology programs which improve customer experience and financial performance through better optimization of inventory policies
- Provide economic model verifications and empirical data validations ensuring technology initiatives are traceable to key financial P&L metrics Develop financial metrics based on statistical modeling and simulation techniques to audit various new ideas
- Support the execution of key financial targets and metrics through the development and implementation of proactive dashboards, measurements and variance analyses
- Coordinating and drafting relevant narratives for Operating Plans and other identified initiatives
- Build and maintain high level knowledge across all business areas by staying current on initiatives, challenges/opportunities across the business
- Prepare financial updates, including relevant analyses versus prior periods and providing forecasts/budgets, examining associated risk/opportunities with respect to Technology resources
- BA/BS degree in a business, economics, finance or similar discipline with analytical bias
- Solid knowledge of supply chain operations including inventory and transportation management
- Strong knowledge of statistical modeling and testing techniques
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- MBA or Masters in Economics desirable
- 5+ years' experience in a large corporate finance environment with heavy emphasis on analytics
· An understanding of SQL would be considered a plus
- Ability to achieve impressive results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing environment
- Ability to translate large amounts of data into useful information and actionable items
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- First-class interpersonal skills and the ability to challenge or influence senior company leaders
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload; effective multi-tasking skills vital
Amazon.com - 20 months ago
Amazon.com is an American international multibillion dollar electronic commerce company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington, United...