Under supervision of seniors and supervisor, underwrites all consumer loan applications applying regulatory and state regulations, American Savings Bank policies and procedures, Consumer Loan matrices, and the like to all applications in order to make a sound and prudent lending decision. Assist and communicate with branch personnel and/or customers on loan applications to address and resolve any underwriting issue.
• Minimum two (2) years previous experience in consumer lending which must be directly related to underwriting and origination or comparable experience.
• Proficient knowledge of consumer loan products.
• Knowledge of federal and state regulations as they relate to consumer lending.
• Basic knowledge of banking industry.
• Knowledge of fundamental principles and skills in evaluating and analyzing tax returns and financial statements as they relate to consumer lending.
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices to adequately evaluate and analyze the financial condition of individuals and business entities.
• Skill in use of adding machine/calculator required.
• Skill in use of personal computer and word processing required.
• Ability to work effectively with others.
• Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures.
• Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality of all information contained in the loan file.
• Ability to organize priorities and work schedule.
• Ability to maintain and manage assigned loan applications and meet established service level agreements regarding the timely underwriting of loan applications.
American Savings Bank - Hawaii - 17 months ago