Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of open source technology. We make great technology that delivers long term freedom, flexibility, choice, and superior performance on day one. But, we can’t do all of this without the all-important people working behind the scenes. That’s where you can help.
Primary job responsibilities
Here are some technologies that you would be working with on a day to day basis. You might not know everything on the list on day 1, but if you are the type of person that will know everything by day 10, we'll get along just fine:
- Our end users (IRC, forums, email)
- Websockets and infrastructure architectures to support them
- MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB and various other data stores
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Fedora, working with technologies such a cgroups and SELinux
- Upstream communities
- Ruby and Bash scripting
- Packaging - maybe RPM's, maybe RubyGems, maybe something else but it will be there
Red Hat doffs its cap to businesses that embrace open-source computing tools. The company dominates the market for Linux, the open-source...