GENERAL SUMMARY :|
Provide technical support in the delivery of pharmaceutical care to clients of Mercy Medical Center. Technical support includes the preparation and delivery of medications and sterile products, review of charts for specific information/audits, stocking and ordering of drugs and other products. Technical work is performed under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :Basic Skill set #1:
Select correct medication, strength and dosage form.
- Prepare patient drug orders as follows:
Select and affix auxiliary labels to medications as appropriate and legally required.
Count, measure, weigh, and pour medications as necessary.
Record or document doses dispensed.
Skill set #2: Communication
- Deliver medications and IV admixtures to patient rooms, critical care areas, and other ancillary areas.
- Review patient MAR and care plans to determine need to return medication to the pharmacy for credit.
- Pick up medication orders form nursing areas and distribute for processing.
- Credit to the patient and restock usable medications returned to the pharmacy.
- File medication orders.
- Fill unit-dose exchange envelopes.
- Process medication drawers and order files for admissions, discharges, and transfers.
- Clean counters, medication drawers, carts, shelves, and equipment as needed.
- Coordinate the availability of medication drawers and transfer bags in each nurse server.
- Assure the appropriate labeling of individual patient medication drawers.
- Assist the pharmacists with audits (e.g., allergy, weight, MAR/Kardex, etc.)
- Complete unit inspections as assigned.
- Enter and fill stock bags and fill stock requisitions for other departments.
- Restock tackle boxes and cart inserts (crash carts, airway carts, latex carts), and complete check in/out process.
- Communicate stock utilization and ordering needs.
- Check medication expiration dates and alert pharmacists.
- Rotate supplies and restock shelves as needed.
- Compound and label extemporaneous liquid and solid products for patients according to procedure.
- Compound and label batch products and keep records as required according to procedure.
- Weigh powder doses of products and label appropriately.
- Complete required hospital education annually.
Skill set #3: Sterile products
- Answer telephone and process requests according to procedures.
- Participate in the training of new technicians.
Skill set #4: Certification
- Prepare IV admixtures, TPNs, chemotherapy IVs, IV piggybacks, and syringes.
- Utilize aseptic technique in the preparation of all sterile products
- Complete biannual recertification of IV training.
- Clean and document the cleaning of each hood.
- Credit to the patient and restock usable IVs returned to the inpatient pharmacy.
- Inventory and order selected supplies.
- Prepare and appropriately label stock sterile products.
- Coordinate the supply of investigational products.
Skill set #5: Pharmacist Intern
- Maintain national technician certification.
Skill set #6: Billing
- After completing the basic skill set, check med bags, stock requisitions, tackle boxes and cart inserts.
- Complete robot and AcuDose quality checks.
Skill set #7: Ambulatory
- Charge and credit individual patient accounts from pharmacy fill lists.
MARGINAL FUNCTIONS :
- Enter patient prescription orders into the computer.
- Prepare prescription product for checking by the pharmacist, including labeling appropriately.
- Manage third party billing.
- Assist with inventory and ordering of pharmaceuticals.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED :
- Perform computer data entry of patient orders.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Aptitude in math and science.
- Typing and computer skills.
- Registered or eligible to register as pharmacy technician with the State Board of Pharmacy Examiners.
- Successful completion of Pharmacy Technician Certification Program or Pharmacy Technician Certification preferred.
- Previous Pharmacy Technician experience preferred.
Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers
Catholic Health Initiatives - 2 years ago
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...