Associates get the royal treatment at Garmin. Regardless if you’re a newbie or a veteran, engineers dream it, design it and use it. Here, you will be surrounded by others who share the same passion about what they do every day. We offer a relaxed team environment (no dress code!) where advancement is found from sharing knowledge, not hiding it! While we promise you a lot of responsibility, you also will have the opportunity to have ownership over projects…oh, and we promise you there will be some fun mixed in there, too!
We are looking for a full time
who is interested in working on a small team in a fast paced environment in
creating and evaluating new technologies that may affect the future roadmap of Garmin products.
DSP Software Engineers on the IXP team will also:
Other responsibilities include facilitating knowledge transfer across the company and being a resource to other departments with tasks requiring digital signal processing.
- Implements, debugs, and optimizes signal processing algorithms running on DSP and ARM processors
- Contributes to advanced technical research on new technologies
- Researches fundamental problems and implements algorithm solutions that are appropriate
- Evaluates new technologies as they apply to existing functions
- Evaluates various design tradeoffs including power consumption, cost, reliability and time to market
- Provides reliable solutions to a wide range of difficult problems using sound problem solving techniques
- Exemplifies Garmin’s Mission Statement and Quality Policy and proactively works to improve Garmin’s image and culture
Candidates for this role should possess a Master of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Math or Physics or another relevant engineering/technical field AND a minimum of 3 years relevant experience OR Bachelor of Science Degree in any of the fields noted above AND a minimum of 5 year relevant experience OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience plus a cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 as a general rule.
Qualified candidates will also demonstrate proficiency with digital signal processing and software engineering.
Other requirements for this role include:
Candidates with experience working with widely varying technologies and programming languages plus experience working in a team environment are preferred!
- Must possess proficiency in writing software in C
- Must possess skills in digital signal processing with a strong background in linear system theory, digital filter design and implementation, and Fourier transform analysis
- Must possess the ability to model and analyze linear systems using Matlab or Labview and C
- Must be capable of implementing a digital signal processing chain in C using techniques optimized for efficient execution by a DSP
At Garmin, we like to laugh, have fun and work hard. It comes easily when you work on cool products with hard-working individuals who share the same passion. We offer numerous opportunities to get involved – kickball anyone? – and believe strongly in a work-life balance so your creativity can flow.
Garmin offers one of the most comprehensive compensation and benefit plans around. We offer extensive health care coverage with little to no contributions, depending on the plan. Plus, we offer company-paid dental insurance, stock options, a 401k plan, a pension plan….trust us, it doesn’t get much better than this. Unless of course, you want to talk table tennis, fitness spaces, product discounts….come on, what are you waiting for? Apply today.
"Dreaming big and obsessing about the details.” It’s a dynamic philosophy that has taken Garmin from a start-up GPS...