Provides occupational therapy and related services for patients, care givers and facilities in accordance with the principles and practices of occupational therapy guidelines. Provides quality OT including: Evaluation of patients, development of initial and ongoing treatment & discharge plan, supervision of assistants and aides & participates in case management. Represents commitment to quality & service in all interactions with facility. Adheres to all state regulations regarding occupational therapy.|
- Optimize the functionality and skills of patients by providing, directing and/or overseeing therapy in the following: screening of all residents, assessing and treating all patients who might benefit from therapy as referred by state approved referral source; adhere to Minimum Data Set (MDS) procedures and effective care planning; thoroughly documenting progress toward identified objectives; and communicating patient status and needs to the patient, family, and other involved professionals.
- Refers patients for treatment to Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants (COTA) throughout the cluster.
- Provides consultation and clinical supervision to COTA’s throughout the cluster.
- Maintains availability to answer questions from COTA’s.
- Directly supervises COTA and Rehab Aide in skilled tasks during group and individual treatment in a manner that promotes efficient and effective utilization of resources and facilitates the ongoing development of clinical skills in accordance with State Practice Acts and Omnibus Reconciliation Act (OBRA).
- Build a strong rehabilitation practice within each facility by performing or directing and supervising occupational therapy staff in the following activities: establishing and maintaining courteous and helpful interaction patterns with staff, patients, and families which reflect sensitivity to individual needs and a problem solving approach; actively integrating therapy’s role into facility and interdisciplinary treatment team; contributing to facility patient care, utilization review, case management, administrative staff/department head, and family conference activities/communications; establishing and maintaining a good working relationship with other health care professionals and colleagues in the community; making appropriate referrals to other members of the rehabilitation team, developing and implementing new programs/techniques to enhance rehabilitation services; adhering to established facility policies and procedures related to environmental safety, orderliness, risk management, infection control and emergency situations; and adhering to the requirements of the patient's Bill of Rights.
- Enhancing clinical expertise, professional and management skills through interaction with managers, therapists and other professional staff, self-study, and other continuing education activities. Maintaining valid state license (where appropriate); obtain membership and participate in professional organizations; maintain awareness of issues related to the profession of occupational therapy and the health care environment.
- Understand managed care/Prospective Payment System (PPS) billing and treatment guidelines. Provide quality care as well as reasonable goals and outcomes within the guidelines.
- Compliant with infection control procedures and environmental safety protocol within a facility.
- Maintain confidentiality of facility and patient information.
- Leadership & Supervision
- Communication skills for accurate, concise, and organized oral and written presentations of information to patients and staff.
- Listening, reading and comprehension skills for analyzing reports, charts and correspondence.
- Effective clinical problem solving skills (e.g. identify and prioritize issues in responsive manner, develop sound and innovative action plans, execute action plans on a timely basis, ensure appropriate results, etc.)
- Graduate of an ACOTE accredited school of occupational therapy.
- Valid National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) certification for occupational therapy.
- Valid driver’s license.
Reliant Rehabilitation - 10 months ago