Job Title: VP Communications
Location: New Castle, DE
Vice President of Communication reports directly to Senior Vice President/Chief Communications Officer. In concert with SVP/Chief Communications Officer develops and implements annual external affairs plan. Oversees key aspects of systemwide external affairs including system wide brand and reputation management, high-level national and regional media relations, interactive marketing, advertising, promotional collateral materials, employee communications, and community relations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Budgetary responsibility and day-to-day oversight of annual External Affairs plan for marketing/communications, web services, employee communication, media relations and community relations.
- Oversees all internal and promotional communications for Christiana Care and system subsidiaries including home health, health plans and preventive medicine programs.
- Writes and edit senior leadership C-suite communications as needed.
- Enforces compliance with system-wide identity and brand strategy.
- Establishes new and/or improved relationships with opinion leaders, members of the media and other key stakeholders.
- Communicates the mission and benefits of Christiana Care services in clear, consistent, professional, and memorable fashion.
- Measures impact of communications and marketing efforts to help guide and/or improve future communications and marketing efforts.
- Provides communications counsel to the Senior VP of External Affairs
- Represents Christiana Care when appropriate when Senior VP is not available for various local, regional, and national professional associations.
- Participates in annual budget planning process, evaluates current and proposed projects and monitors spending rates.
- Develops annual external plan in concert with key external affairs council leaders.
- Implements CCHS annual external plan.
- Maintains professional contacts regionally and nationally to stay current with trends relevant to the field.
- Represents the senior VP in his/her absence at appropriate systemwide functions.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Master’s degree in relevant area with extensive reputation management experience as it relates to internal and external stakeholder message management. Experience in teaching hospital preferred.
- Fifteen years of progressively responsible departmental administration experience including reputation management for a peer-sized organization.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of management principles and strategies
- Knowledge of staff and line responsibilities, management structure and the process of complex organizations.
- Knowledge of principles of issues management as related to the media and key stakeholders.
- Ability to manage team of managers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with no visible quality or schedule failures.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to achieve results based on objectives.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to set expectations and give direction.
- Ability to think analytically and make difficult recommendations and decisions in a timely manner.
- Skill in persuasion, negotiation, communication, facilitation and problem solving at all organizational levels.
- Highly skilled on oral and written communications, including public speaking and project report writing.
Christiana Care Health System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, gender identity or expression, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability or genetic information.
Job Classification: Management
Job Requisition #: 30751BR
Christiana Care Health Systems - 11 months ago