Proof of education will be required at time of hire. This will include a diploma or final transcript.
Preferred experience or training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or related field or graduate of a CLSI accredited Medical Technology Program required.
- Registered or registry eligible as a Medical Technologist with American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP), American Medical Technologists (AMT) , or Medical Laboratory Scientist with American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP BOR) required. Certification for “Eligible” employees shall be acquired within one year from date of hire.
- Good oral and written communication skills; proficient computer keyboard skills.
- Requires critical thinking skills.
- One year clinical experience as Medical Technologist preferred.
Our Medical Technologists perform laboratory tests; interprets test results; document and report test results; maintain equipment, instruments, and tools.
Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center is a 183-bed, not-for-profit community hospital in Prince William County, Virginia. We uphold the...