International Justice Mission (IJM) shares the recruiting vision: Quamplurimi et quam aptissimi, (As many as possible, of the very best). We are seeking a Director of Recruiting to make this vision a reality. The successful candidate will lead a recruiting team to ensure that IJM is a leader in building talent pipelines and recruiting top performers of exceptional integrity to meet the global staffing needs of a growing and diverse organization. This position is based at IJM Headquarters in the Washington, DC area and reports to the Vice President of Human Resources. |
Responsibilities Cultivate Global Recruitment Pipeline
Lead Full-Cycle Recruiting for Staff, Fellows and Interns
- Lead the efforts to have 50% of field offices being led by National leaders within the next three years;
- Engage the organization in connecting networks to current and future career opportunities using the pipeline matrix tool; and
- Lead the initiative to recruit and develop staff to assume field office leadership roles in the next two to three years.
Improve Sourcing & Interviewing Practices of Global Staff
- Serve as the Recruiting leader, consulting on all Recruiting/HR related matters;
- Build, train and manage the recruiting team to deliver exceptional candidates securing an average of 90 days to fill staff positions;
- Campaign for HR initiatives as part of the IJM US Marketing Community;
- Lead sourcing efforts to increase fill rates for all fellowships and internships;
- Drive the candidate experience to be professional, effective and honoring to staff and to applicants;
- Effectively coach hiring managers worldwide in recruitment and selection processes;
- Accurately track and report recruitment activity data from HQ and field offices; provide analysis to VP of HR in regards to work plan metrics; and
- Review all field office decision memos, advising on hiring decisions.
Required Skills and Experience
- Establish a work plan for recruiting training initiatives with timeline expectations and metrics for success;
- Develop training for HQ staff in the following areas: creating job descriptions and success profiles, sourcing strategies and team engagement, interviewing and evaluation best practices and resume writing and job search techniques for interns;
- In collaboration with Directors of Operations and Field Office Directors, develop and execute a plan for building recruiting capacity within field offices; and
- Build out Recruiting/HR SharePoint site as a hub for all recruiting and training materials.
- Experience building, training and managing a team in a deadline-driven environment that measures success by outcomes;
- Proven ability to craft strategic and sustainable strategies that deliver excellent results;
- Minimum 7 years' experience in recruiting, business development, or marketing in a sophisticated and diverse work environment;
- Proven ability to establish personal and professional credibility and to build effective relationships with internal and external networks;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously; and
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or other related field.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles' Creed;
- Winsome and professional demeanor;
- Self-starter with strong initiative;
- Adept at creative problem solving;
- Meticulous attention to detail; and
- Works effectively under stress and deadlines.