Job ID #: 81865
Functional Area: Legal
Company: 23457 - American General Life Companies, LLC
Employment Type: Full Time - Permanent
Education Required: Juris Doctor (JD)
Experience Required: 3-5 years
Relocation Provided: No
Travel Percentage: 0
AIG Life and Retirement has an opportunity for a Counsel to join the Operations and Regulatory Legal group in Houston, Texas.
Performance Objectives in this position are as follows:
* Handle all legal matters relating to Operations clients’ needs throughout the year, with an emphasis on annuity contract interpretation and research of state laws.
* Provide legal support for the clients in Amarillo, Houston and Los Angeles.
* Quickly develop relationships within the legal department and with the key business clients in the various Operations Centers across the enterprise.
* Primarily dedicated to providing the legal support for all matters relating to annuity operations for AIG Life and Retirement.
* Requires periodic travel to Amarillo, Texas to support Annuity Operations Clients located there as well as occasional travel to Los Angeles.
* Provides support to the General Counsels on large projects impacting the company.
* Handling of complex transactions with careful risk analysis with fast deadlines.
* 2-5 years of legal work with a preferred emphasis on insurance experience.
* Juris Doctorate degree is required.
* Base knowledge of annuity contracts is strongly preferred.
* Strong business judgment and the ability to provide timely legal advice are required.
* Strong research and writing skills are very important.
* Knowledge regarding general corporate matters is necessary.
* Must have strong communication and writing skills.
* Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision, in a fast-paced company, while supporting multiple areas, with constant and fast deadlines.
* Must be proactive, creative & detail-oriented.
* Requires excellent partnering skills and the ability to perform in a demanding environment involving sometimes conflicting priorities.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States.
AIG Property Casualty is a global market leader, one of the few truly global property casualty franchises.
AIG Life and Retirement is one of the largest life insurance organizations in the U.S., and provides protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
United Guaranty Corporation is the marketplace leader in mortgage insurance in the U.S.
Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIG_LatestNews | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig
Valic - 9 months ago