Monday - Friday 8am-5pm
1. PRIMARY FUNCTION
The Purchasing Agent supports multiple manufacturing departments, including warehousing, production, R&D, Quality Assurance, Sales & Marketing & Transportaion.
· Sourcing raw materials, packaging and various supplies to support plant operations.
· Issuing and reconciling purchase orders for materials and supplies.
· Scheduling transporation required for procured materials.
· Managing supplier relationships with integrity and professionalism to ensure the best possible service and cost.
· Maintaining inventory levels with efficiency as it relates to production demand and use of capital.
a. Education & Experience
Required: High School
Preferred: Four Year Degree in Business or related area
b. Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
1. PC literate with strong working knowledge of MS Excel, Word & Outlook.
2. Knowledgeable and skilled in practice of procurement.
3. Strong communications and negotiation skills.
5. Detail oriented, articulate, ability to multi-task and work ind ependently and as a part of a team.
6. Demonstrate a high level of integrity, critical thinking and business decision making skills as well as strong problem solving capabilities.
7. Proactive and self-starting with successful project accomplishments.
8. Ability to manage multiple responsibilities under tight deadlines.
3. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
The Purchasing Agent reports to and is accountable to the Director of Logistics. The position works very closely with Operations and Research & Development.
4. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
a. Sources new and existing materials from qualified vendors for optimal value.
b. Forecasting of raw material needs to ensure production flow and maintenance of proper inventory levels.
c. Issues purchase orders to selected vendors, verifying confirmations and pricing.
d. Works with internal & external transportation to expedite open orders.
e. Main tains procurement records.
f. Completes appropriate paperwork regarding damage/quality claims with in-coming freight carriers and/or vendors.
g. Provide support to the cost accountant, as required for costing and financial analysis.
h. Work closely with Operations and R&D Departments on the development of new products and packaging.
i. Key projects as assigned by the Director of Logistics.
5. PERIPHERAL FUNCTIONS
a. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Logistics.
6. ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MEASUREMENTS OF PERFORMANCE
a. Performs purchasing responsibilities ensuring company profitability.
b. A continuous flow of materials is accomplished, maintaining an effiecent level of inventory.
c. Support is given to new product development, costing and marketing efforts.
d. Participate in ongoing learning opportunities further developing and advancing the position.
e. Successful completion of key projects as designated by the Director of Logistics.