Formal Education / Training:
1. Licensed by the State of Tennessee.
2. Graduate of an approved school of nursing
3. Five years nursing experience.
Equipment and Skills Training:
The ability to work well under pressure, to function dependently and independently and to be flexible in applying basic nursing knowledge to a variety of setting. Network computer system,
1. Requires the ability to communicate in English orally and in writing.
2. Requires prolonged standing, sitting, bending, and walking for up to eight hours a day.
1. Coordinates data abstraction for Core Measures and other patient safety indicators.
2. Reviews medical records. Involved in reporting required information to CMS & TJC
3. Reviews and prepares medical records for activities of medical committees.
4. Collects, tracks, and trends data for medical committees to include such things as incident reports, credential profile info, and other activities.
5. Participates in Medical Staff Committee Meetings.
6. Involved in planning and implementing process improvement programs within the organization.
7. Involved in monitoring and sustaining previous process improvement activities.
8. Reports monitors, findings, & process improvement activities to leadership.
9. Provides education and serves as a resource for medical staff, administration, hospital staff, and board regarding patient safety programs and process improvement.
10. Participates in TJC readiness within the organization.
11. Interacts professionally and communicates clearly with administrative team, department leaders, and medical staff
12. Demonstrates responsibility for assigned communication.
13. Maintain position specific qualification.