We are currently seeking a Plant Worker to ensure all waste is unloaded from vehicles, the vehicles are decontaminated, and waste is properly staged for scanning and processing. The individual will perform the duties in a safe and productive manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unload waste from incoming vehicles. Separates non-autoclavable waste to be incinerated.
- Stage waste on conveyor system or properly stack waste for scanning in the Biotrack system.
- Scan waste into the Biotrack system for proper recordkeeping purposes.
- Load autoclave bins or incinerator hopper with waste for processing.
- Place re-usable containers on tub wash line for decontamination.
- Operates tub wash unit insuring the wash unit is operating properly. Removes clean tubs from wash unit, inspects tubs and stacks for loading onto assigned vehicle for re-use.
- Operates tub wash sprayer for oversized reusable tubs insuring the unit is operating properly. Inspects tubs and stacks for loading onto assigned vehicle for re-use.
- Decontaminates vehicles cargo-carrying portion, reloads assigned re-usable tubs and insures cargo-carrying portion of vehicle does not have free liquid on the floor. Informs plant supervisor the vehicle is ready to be moved from dock area.
- Insures housekeeping issues, e.g., spills cleaned up, floor is dry, and debris not on floor, etc., are addressed immediately.
- Assists in other areas of the plant operation as directed.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED). One year related experience or training or combination of experience and training, demonstrating strong communication skills and tact.
- Position requires extensive lifting, walking, bending, and pushing. Must be able to lift up to 55 pounds and push and/or pull carts weighing as much as 500 pounds.
- Demonstrates knowledge of barcode scanning and basic computer skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Hazardous Materials and OSHA Regulations.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate a powered industrial truck, e.g., forklift.
Stericycle, Inc. is engaged in the management of regulated waste and providing an array of related services. The Company operates in the...