This Mechanical Technician position is located at Marathon Pipe Line's St. James, LA, facility. This position works in and around petroleum products and crude oil facilities performing maintenance on mechanical components. The successful candidate will perform such duties as: scheduling periodic maintenance and testing of mechanical components, communicating with operations group to determine priority and scheduling of repairs. This position also provides field support to various other MPL processes and departments. Travel, call-outs and overtime will be required on an as-needed basis. Marathon Pipe Line LLC operates more than 5000 miles of underground pipeline in 15 states. The successful candidate is required to live within 45 minutes of the St. James, LA, facility.
- Perform regular and special maintenance as needed.
- Prepare for and respond to abnormal operating conditions
- Participate in drills and training for emergency response preparedness
- Maintain DOT regulated equipment and deploy as needed.
- Routinely drive company truck to various company locations.
- Complete all required training.
- Perform work in a safe and environmentally conscious manner in accordance with all Environmental, Safety and Regulatory requirements.
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate’s degree in a technical field preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Proficiency in basic computer skills
- Previous pipeline experience with emphasis on electrical/mechanical is highly preferred.