Senior Electrical Physical (and circuit and raceway) Designer responsible for raceway design, equipment location and layout, C&R schedule inputting and update using Setroute, conduit and underground raceway and duct bank design. Works under the direction of senior engineers/designers and may have junior
designers/drafter subordinates. Responsible to produce lower and higher tier – tier drawings and documentation in accordance with established conceptual design and scope, including design of
lighting, grounding layout, grounding designs/calculations, cathodic protection, and lightning protection systems. Develops specifications for equipment and material where deviation from
standard documentation is required.
Must be a self-starter and capable of independent creative design, with direction, using client and industry proven concepts, and procedures. Must work well with others, other disciplines, and
groups. Must have proven 2D and 3D Microstation CADD skills and be able to learn PDS, if required.
Must understand the SETROUTE program, and be able to input and complete corrections to the data base.
Responsibilities also include ensuring that the electrical systems designs comply with all applicable installation codes, regulations and standards. May interface with Construction and Subcontractors.
Must be able to effectively communicate, and work well with others and within a team. Must be willing and able to take direction from the Electrical EGS. Must be able to work well with other disciplines. Must know how to use computer programs such as the Microsoft WINDOWS suite of programs. Ability to cope with conflicting deadline, frequent interruptions and multiple tasks.
Demonstrate leadership qualities with emphasis on continuous improvement and team building, and interpersonal communication skills.
• BA/BS degree with 13 years of progressive related design experience; or in lieu of degree19 years of progressive related design experience
• Previous hands-on use or extensive working knowledge of using industry wide electrical design/drafting tools, such as CAD 2D, cable designing and routing software and 3D electrical model
• Previous hands on or extensive working knowledge on schematics and electrical equipment layouts
• Extensive knowledge & application of NEC code and ANSI/IEEE Standards
• Excellent oral & written communications skills
• Proven leadership & personnel skills
• Hands on Microsoft office programs
• 7 years of combined lead & supervisory experience on a medium size project/group
• Previous client project experience
G.A.S. Unlimited - 2 years ago
G.A.S. is one of the largest suppliers of contract technical professionals in the south and southwestern United States. We opened for...