Manger, Technical Training
Exempt / Nonexempt:
The Technical Trainer provides general classroom, individual and specialized instruction for all University of Louisville Physicians computer applications including the electronic health record (EHR) system (AllScripts) and the revenue cycle management system (Centricity Business). This position will also assist with curriculum development, creating and updating documentation/training materials, including web-based training content.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Lead project components and/or participates as a team member in larger-scale projects
- Lead and facilitate instructor-led training sessions
- Participate in the design and development of technical training program components including curriculum, coursework, delivery methods including computer based training, and evaluation methods
- Design, develop and deliver content to support instructor-led training sessions
- Collaborate and partner with subject matter experts, compliance officers, information systems and other organizational areas to create, update and maintain training materials/deliverables
- Market and promote training programs and initiatives to learners and all levels of management
- Assess and evaluate the effectiveness of training program and curricula and implement recommendations for improvement
- Provide on-site support for computer applications to end users
- Plan and organize demonstrations of system functionalities
- Works with all levels of management to assess training needs and ensure quality and availability of classes
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Bachelors degree in education or a related field with 2+ years progressive experience
- AA/AS degree in education or a related field with 5+ years progressive experience Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on equivalent basis
- Previous training experience in an ambulatory setting is strongly desired.
- Experience in clinic workflow, Practice Management Systems, or Clinical Information Systems strongly desired.
- Clinical Certifications/Licenses: Desired but not required
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Initiative, self starter (at higher levels), problem identification, resolution and analytical skills are essential.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required, including the ability to coach, teach, and translate complex technical material into comprehendible documentation.
- Strong critical thinking and analysis skills are essential.
- Exposure to a complex academic medical center environment is desired.
- A thorough understanding of adult learning processes is required.
- Experience with computer based training tools and development is preferred (Associate, Intermediate) or required (Senior).
- Previous experience with Medical Group clinics and practices is preferred.
- Scheduling flexibility is required to accommodate changing business needs.
Fast-paced dynamic work environment
University of Louisville Physicians - 2 years ago