Commercial business involvement experience is critical!!
Lead the NA operations of the client businesses which primarily supply Japanese and European OEMs
This individual will have P&L responsibility for the business and manage and direct activities in the following areas:
Sales and Marketing group - Applications Engineering
- Manufacturing Operations -
- Business Development
- Human Resources
global organization is at a high level so that client takes full advantage of its global manufacturing footprint, global product range and global customer relationships.
- Drive growth in this $75m business unit while meeting or exceeding the financial objectives of the business.
- Fully satisfy needs and expectations of the diverse customer base.
- Ensure that a close working relationship is in place with key customers.
- Recognizing that the OEM customers are headquartered outside of NA ensure that internal communication and cooperation within the client
Qualifications, Experience & Personal Attributes
- Communicating and exemplify client corporate vision, mission and values.
- As a key member of the North American management team take a leadership role in developing and building cooperative relationships with regional and global client operations
- Ensure the effective management of production facilities in relation to efficiency, safety, quality, and on-time and in-sequence delivery.
- Ensure flawless implementation of program launches on-time and within budget
- Drive aggressive cost reduction programs and performance enhancement through continuous improvement activities involving the entire workforce.
- Evaluate on a continuing basis the suitability of the client’s product range and customer services in meeting competition and in satisfying customer requirements
- Prepare and be accountable for the BU’s plans and budgets.
- Develop human resources through training, lateral changes, internal promotions and ensure effective succession planning is in place.
- Lead culture change focused on quality, safety, cleanliness, customer satisfaction, and continuous improvement
- Manage key performance metrics to committed targets for inventory, customer and internal PPMs, labor productivity, Cost of Poor Quality reduction, health and safety, delivery, premium freight etc
Minimum of 15 years experience within a multinational Tier 1 automotive parts supplier.
Engineering background and formal technical qualifications.
Commercial experience in relation to pricing and customer negotiations
Significant experience in sales or manufacturing supply to at least 2 of the following OEMs: BMW, Daimler, VW, Nissan, Toyota, Honda.
Strong business acumen
Good general knowledge of Finance and HR.
Excellent project management skills
Passion for the 5S’s, organization and process control
Excellent communication skills which display a high level of personal self confidence.
Able to delegate, but ready to provide hands-on support where necessary
Relentless drive for success
Global Career Connection - 9 months ago