The position of Data Center Operations Supervisor is
responsible for overseeing the Computer Operators; this
includes their staffing schedules, daily routines,
training, and performance. The Supervisor will be
responsible for IS Operations meeting their established
service levels for online availability and batch
processing cycles. The Supervisor will be responsible
for working with the Computer Operators on open issues
to determine root cause, bring closure, and communicate
outcomes with the staff. The Supervisor will provide
support to the IS Operations staff and will be included
in an off-hours support rotation. The Supervisor will be
responsible for writing and/or maintaining IS Operations
documentation and work instructions. They will be
responsible for collecting and reporting on metrics
related to IS Operations to provide insight into
workloads and growth patterns. This is a second shift
position that will provide for a smooth transition for
Computer Operations staff from dayshift to nightshift,
issues requiring attention during their shift.
- Interact with various support organizations globally.
- Interact with the Help Desk as an escalation point for
- Provide a daily update to Manager of Data Center
accuracy and omissions.
- Review the IS Operations Daily Event Log each night for
Operations staff explaining impact of issues and
- Provide off hours support to Computer Operations staff.
- Provide support and follow up on open issues with
determining root cause.
appropriate checks and balances to alleviate future
- Work with support staffs to develop and implement
on a continual basis and administer annual performance
- Review Computer Operators performance and effectiveness
reviews in conjunction with Manager of Data Center
as well as the end user community to review issues and
- Attend meetings with IS development and support teams
plan upgrades, enhancements, and testing of the business
systems applications and the data center infrastructure.
- Perform project work as assigned by Manager of Data
data center during their shift.
- Oversee vendor/employee work being performed in the
- Minimum of 7 years IT experience, 3-5 years in a batch
- A Bachelor s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Prior experience supervising people required.
- Familiarity with Data Center Operations automation
-- Help Systems products; Robot/SCHEDULE, Robot/CONSOLE,
-- Avocent KVM, VMware Virtual Center
- Familiarity with Data Center Operations monitoring
-- Microsoft Operations Manager
-- Liebert s SiteScan software
-- Alber s battery monitoring software
IBM s BRMS and Galaxy s CommVault products.
- Working knowledge of AS/400 and MS Windows platforms
- Experience using tape management software, preferably
able to set appropriate objectives and perform with
- Must be a creative problem-solver and a self-starter
communicate concepts to a broad range of technical and
- Must be articulate and persuasive with the ability to
and how they interrelate.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Possess a solid understanding of key IT technologies
work instructions and documentation for IS Operations
- Must be able to write clear, concise, and effective
staff to follow.
To submit your resume for this job, please click the
"Submit Resume" below:
Job Code : BHJOB3479_197865
Kelly IT Resources - 3 years ago
Kelly Services, Inc. (Kelly) is a global temporary staffing provider operating in 36 countries and territories throughout the world. The...