This posting represents two positions
Under the direct & immediate supervision of a surgeon, provides aid in exposure, hemostasis & other technical functions that will help the surgeon carry out a safe operation w/ optimal results for the patient. Makes members/patients & their needs a primary focus of one's actions; develops & sustains productive member/patient relationships. Actively seeks information to understand member/patient circumstances, problems, expectations & needs. Builds rapport & cooperative relationship w/ members/patients. Considers how actions or plans will affect members; responds quickly to meet member/patient needs & resolves problems.
Union Disclaimer: The union & the company are currently reviewing the grade/qualifications/duties of this position. If it is determined that the grade/qualifications/duties be changed (seniority dates, dues payments etc.) will be applied on a retroactive basis based on the employment commencement date
• Positions the patient in accordance w/ the surgeon's instruction, which will give the best exposure for the surgical procedure
• Uses standard & specialized equipment to aid in patient positioning
• Provides the surgeon(s) w/ appropriate visualization of the operative site using retractors, sponges, digital manipulation, & other techniques according to standards
• Utilizes appropriate techniques to assist surgeon w/ temporary or permanent hemostasis
• Utilizes appropriate techniques to assist w/ closure of body planes (sutures, staples, other)
• Selects & applies appropriate wound dressings
• Assists w/ patient transport to & from OR, including from gurney to OR bed
• In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors & principles defined by the KP Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives
• Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, & behaviors necessary to provide superior & culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, & to purchasers, contracted providers & vendors
• High School Graduation or equivalent
• For Internal Applicants: Enrolled in an accredited surgical assistant program & eligible for clinicals & Certification required w/in six months of hire date. Graduated from an accredited surgical technology program.
• External Applicants must be Registered w/ DORA required & Certification credentialed by the National Board of Surgical Technology & Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or Certification credentialed by the National Surgical Assistants Association (NSAA) OR Certification credentialed by the American Board of Surgical Assisting (ABSA), or Certification credentialed by the National Assistant Surgery Council (NASC)
• Employment contingent upon receiving & maintaining credentials at Good Samaritan Hospital & St. Joseph Hospital to practice as a Surgical Assistant
• Demonstrated customer service skills, customer focus abilities & the ability to understand Kaiser Permanente customer needs
Kaiser Permanente - 2 years ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...