Formulate and execute promotions, local marketing initiatives, sponsorships and events at a local and regional level that help position Sports Authority as the sporting goods authority and value leader for athletes of all ages. Identify, create, research and recommend key opportunities with their territory that generate traffic, increase sales and build strong relationships with organizations to reinforce the Sports Authority brand and local stores within each community. Review and negotiate contracts, developing activation components and promotions, executing programs, and providing ROI and qualitative recaps.
- Serves as an active participant in the development of basic analysis, identification of concerns, and the validation of observations and risks that lead to solutions for complex issues.
- Presents recommendations to moderately complex challenges or business needs.
- Assesses situations and supports decisions by researching, validating and organizing a variety of defined and undefined observations or issues in a fact-based detail-oriented manner.
- Tends to take action that is consistent with available facts and documented processes, guidelines, and practices.
- May provide recommendations on escalated issues.
- Coordinates work based on established and understood procedural expectations.
- Through general direction and previous experience, may independently negotiate timelines with stakeholders to accommodate fluctuating workloads and demands.
- Ensure excellent holistic plans, execution, project management, and evaluation of all elements related to promotions, community marketing, sponsorships and events.
- Manage timelines for all elements related to promotions, community marketing, sponsorships and events. Communicate across organization and to external stakeholders, as needed.
- Identify and evaluate key opportunities with state and local organizations within designated territory.
- Build strong relationships with local district and store managers to help develop relevant local programs and identify the best way to drive traffic to the store and involve store associates, where relevant.
- Partner with corporate marketing team, Merchandising, and Visual on timelines, implementation and support required for key events and any in-store or external elements required for promotions and/or event execution .
- Evaluate qualitatively and quantitatively each event / program and continuously improve measures of success.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or Communications or equivalent/relevant experience.
- 3 years experience in management of promotions or local marketing with budgetary responsibility; experience with a sports marketing company and / or retailer preferred.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong organizational, communication, and negotiation skills required.
- Flexible work schedule. Ability to commute to and from potential event locations on a daily basis and across territory. Some nights, weekends and holidays may be required.
- Ability to solve a variety of problems in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of an organization, both internal and external.
- A passion for working in the field and developing strong community relationships.
- Ability to build relationships and enhance partnerships, both internal and external.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Headquartered in Englewood, CO, Sports Authority is one of the largest full-line sporting goods retailers, with 466 locations across 41...