Ruby on Rails Developer
Come join the Rural America Onshore Outsourcing team as a Ruby on Rails Developer! We have an immediate need for talented and experienced programmers. If you have high-speed internet, and like to work remotely from home as part of a nationwide team, this position may be perfect for you.
We pay competitive rural USA market salaries. Successful candidates are eligible to earn stock equity via signing and yearly bonuses. We treat our teammates as professionals and give them the opportunity to grow and learn new skills. If you are an ambitious individual with a positive attitude, who wants to excel and see your vision take shape, we would like to hear from you.
- 1-3 yrs. Experience in Ruby (1.8+) on Rails (3.1+) framework.
- Very strong front-end, jQuery and UI specialist, experienced with REST and other communication strategies and familiar enough with Rails to develop views and know more-or-less what to expect from the server.
- 1-3 yrs. Experience in Debian servers, and MySQL and SQLite databases.
- Strong remote communication skills; must be able to work with the team to investigate, refine and conceive of implementations.
- Prior PHP development experience in CakePHP or CodeIgniter frameworks is a plus.
Personality Requirements: • Strong analytical skills – ability to translate data to strategy • Ability to think creatively and strategically • Excellent organization and time management skills • Visual design skills are a strong plus • Conceptual thinking, presentation skills at a high level. • A drive for wanting to build products from the user's point of view • Ability to work on multiple projects with minimal assistance from fellow team members • Excellent written and verbal communication skills • Ability to work and communicate pro-actively with business owners, and clients
Cultural Requirements: • Passionate. Must have hunger and ambition – the desire to perform every day without needing external motivation. • Humble. Wants the organization to succeed, not just himself/herself. • Creative. Must be able to see new opportunities that are not apparent to others. • Principled. Must have integrity and project the proper image of Rural America Onshore Sourcing, Inc. • Team-Oriented. Must be able to communicate well and, more importantly, to listen well.
College degree is helpful; but not required. Real world experience is more important.
Salary and Benefits:
· Competitive Rural Market Rates Paid
· Stock option equity bonuses – Shareholder and Annual Bonuses. In 2011, bonuses were 20% of salary
· Health Insurance
· Work up to 95% of time at home
· 12% Paid Time for Personal Development and Administration.